a new bug fixing version is available for download

general — avner ronen on November 16, 2008 @ 10:47 am

we just released a minor update to the alpha for Mac and Apple TV. version 4166.
if you’re already a boxee alpha tester you can get it here (if you’re on Apple TV update Launcher and then update Boxee).

it fixes some nasty SMB crashes (when connecting boxee to another computer or storage device on the network). we also made some small fixes to the streaming of Hulu.

we’re going to release another version with even more bug fixes, as well as some new stuff on the first week of December. we’re just too itchy to release stuff out as soon as we have it working..

24 comments »

1. Was the picture picked randomly or is some of team boxee based in my town of Ipswich?

comment by chrice — November 16, 2008 @ 11:56 am
  2. thank you thank you thank you!!!

comment by sean808080 — November 16, 2008 @ 12:43 pm
  3. Thanks for the update so quickly! Looking forward to the next one. Keep up the great work!

comment by eteyemd — November 16, 2008 @ 12:54 pm
  4. Sweet. I recently installed Boxee on the Apple TV and am now realizing how “deep” a program it is. Keep the updates coming!

comment by Webomatica — November 16, 2008 @ 1:48 pm
  5. love the work you guys do!

comment by Peter Goossens — November 16, 2008 @ 2:07 pm
  6. Correct me if I am wrong, but Youtube is still broken in this one? Correct?

/Z

comment by Zap — November 16, 2008 @ 2:32 pm
  7. Any updates on the release of the windows version for ATV??

comment by Bigfella001 — November 16, 2008 @ 8:54 pm
  8. @chrice LOL i was searching for a relevant photo on Flickr, and found this picture from Ipswich.. btw, do you know what’s the story behind that statue?

comment by avner — November 16, 2008 @ 9:08 pm
  9. @Zap YouTube is still broken :( the fix that will come out in the next release will make it work MUCH better

comment by avner — November 16, 2008 @ 9:09 pm
  10. I’m jealous of all the happy Boxee people who got their Boxee invites… sure must be neat…

comment by Jay — November 16, 2008 @ 11:54 pm
  11. Cool, but now I can crash it all the time playing my mp3 collection…

comment by Todd — November 17, 2008 @ 3:43 am
  12. @Todd please see http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=1366 for sending us info on those crashes. would love to fix them.

comment by tom sella — November 17, 2008 @ 4:25 am
  13. @avner Its on majors corner hence it being a major. and sits on top of a public toilet hence it swotting flys. It was just a council commission to brighten up a slightly dull part of town.

comment by chrice — November 17, 2008 @ 4:47 am
  14. Genial. os felicito dese España. esta aplicacion es la ostia (perdon por la expresion)
    animo muchachos seguid así.
    me gustaria que solucioneis el tema de YOUTUBE. ya que no funciona desde las dos ultimas actualizaciones.
    gracias.
    habeis resucitado la programacion televisiva en casa.

comment by rubens — November 17, 2008 @ 8:51 am
  15. Maybe one day i will get a boxee invite to.

I’ll be sure to ask santa!

(So what if im jewish and noughty)

comment by Maoz — November 17, 2008 @ 10:01 am
  16. Boxee has changed the way my family watches tv! Great work and much appreciated!

I look forward to trying the new updates, as Hulu playback has a stuttering problem on my Apple TV.

comment by Steve — November 17, 2008 @ 3:28 pm
  17. Thanks guys,
    recently joint the alpha tester group. Hulu has been hicking up for me a bit. Keep it going,

comment by BBox Boxee — November 17, 2008 @ 5:59 pm
  18. @chrice @avner I thought it was Inspector Gadget. Now I have that damn song in my head. Thanks for that. Oh, and I want to see this toilet now too. Ipswich it is!

comment by Dave — November 17, 2008 @ 11:29 pm
  19. and still no 64bit for linux!

comment by some guy — November 18, 2008 @ 5:55 am
  20. Ubuntu intrepid needs fixes too :(
    it crashes 5secs after login, nothing noticeable in the logs…

comment by Muldy — November 18, 2008 @ 7:53 am
  21. anyone know if there will be a workaround for the latest atv update 2.3. from what im hearing its not boxee friendly

comment by salayyad — November 20, 2008 @ 4:10 am
  22. workaround in the works

comment by avner — November 20, 2008 @ 9:40 am
  23. [...] a new bug fixing version is available for download (via boxee blog) [...]

24. [...] boxee blog » a new bug fixing version is available for download - mac update ready to go [...]

pingback by Headlines for November 18th | dashPunk — November 18, 2008 @ 10:01 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. trackBack URI