Our Team Blog

Boxee Box by D-Link launches, good news re Netflix and Hulu

If you have been spending more and more time watching videos on your computer and would like to be able to watch the same stuff on your TV screen, we think the Boxee Box is the best way to do it.

Here is why:

Tons of Movies and TV Shows, Netflix, VUDU and Hulu Plus

There is a whole generation out there for whom Movies and TV shows are synonymous with Netflix and Hulu. We have some good news for these users.

If you’re like us, you are a Netflix member instantly watching unlimited TV episodes & movies, and you want to rent new titles from a service like VUDU. It’s a killer combo and both will work great for you on Boxee.

Yes. We’re planning to bring Netflix to the Boxee Box before the end of the year.

We are also working with Hulu to bring Hulu Plus to the Boxee Box. We are very excited about the opportunity to work together to provide a Hulu experience that is optimized for the TV and the Boxee Box. We think you will love it!

This in addition to the thousands of movies and shows you can already access on Boxee. From services such as MUBI, OpenFilm, IndieMoviesOnline, and EZTakes.

Full HD all the way

You bought a TV that supports True HD and maybe even set up a surround system. Boxee can put them both into great use. Boxee plays videos in 1080p at 60fps without breaking a sweat and it will pass through 5.1 and 7.1 audio to your receiver.

The Internet has lots of 1080p videos (even YouTube), your new digital camera may also be able to produce 1080p videos. There is no reason to settle for 720p.

We eat codecs

The world of digital video is a gory mess. There are numerous codecs, video formats, audio formats, subtitle standards and people to mix them all together. The result is that your hard drive is likely filled with some weird Frankenstein files that make other devices choke.

Not all media players are made the same. We put some crazy hours going through a checklist of videos we thought the Boxee Box should be able to play. In Boxee playback you can trust. We think we have the best and most exhaustive player.

MKV, SSA, PGS, AC3, VC1, TS, H264, FLV, ASS, AVI, OGG, ISO, M2TS, VOB, SRT, AAC, FLAC, may be (should be) meaningless acronyms for some of the people reading this post, but they matter a lot when you click on a file and want play it rather than get an error message.

Waste hours watching videos shared on Twitter and Facebook

I can’t remember the last time I channel surfed on my TV (I don’t have cable now.., but even when I had one..). It is a frustrating, inefficient way to get to something you like in the age of the Internet, recommendation engines, social networks, etc.

It’s time for the TV experience to catch up.

Connect your Twitter or Facebook account to Boxee and get a feed of funny, thought provoking (well depends on who you follow) videos directly to your TV.

Search

I usually have no idea what I want to watch when I sit down on the couch, so seeing what my friends have shared or browsing through Netflix recommendations is what I usually do, but for the cases where I know I want to watch a clip from last night’s Colbert Report or a music video I heard about Search is the answer.

In Boxee you are always a click away from a search bar that lets you search the Boxee TV Shows, Movies and Apps libraries as well as the entire web for videos. Even better, the Boxee Box will start searching as soon as you start typing… it’s like Quiksilver for your TV.

HTML5 FTW

Frankly we would hate to see the future of made for TV experiences be built on top of a couple of proprietary app platforms that result in a bunch of disconnected islands. We hope the future of made-for-TV apps will be HTML based, so everything is linkable, searchable, shareable, etc. The stuff that makes the web great.

Boxee now supports HTML5 apps, which means that if you write an HTML page designed for 10ft it will work on any Boxee and Google TV devices, and hopefully other platforms will embrace this trend rather than try and invent their own platforms, which makes life hard for content owners, developers and ultimately slows down innovation in this space.

NY Times, HBO, Turner, USA Today, Vimeo, YouTube and many others have already created HTML5 Apps. We hope thousands more will follow.

Zef  Side

And a browser, too

We are not big believers of browsing the generic web on the TV screen. Your laptop, tablet or mobile phone are much better devices for that purpose, but there are a lot of videos out there that you can only reach by opening a browser or typing a URL, so the Browser is kind of a fall-back in case there is no easier, quicker, cleaner option of getting to a video you want to watch.

This version of Boxee includes a beta version of our WebKit browser. You can type any URL go interact with the webpage, fill a form, launch a video in fullscreen. It’s not the greatest experience, but it usually gets the job done.

Changes to the user interface

For those of you of who have been using the Boxee Beta, this version includes quite a few UI changes.

Home Screen: The home screen of Boxee is simpler making it easier to navigate for new users. It features content or apps we believe are worth checking out and big, clear links to the main sections of Boxee

Menu: We made some big changes to the main menu. You can bring it up by clicking the Menu button. It enables you to quickly navigate through TV Shows, Movies and Apps or search for something.

Music / Photos: We’ve really focused this version of Boxee on video. With that in mind we decided to push music and photos into the files menu until we give it a little more TLC.

New Apps:

VEVO is the web’s number one premium music video service with over 1.1 billion worldwide streams and nearly 60 million unique visitors in the U.S. and Canada each month. They’ve done an amazing job at giving people one coherent place to get great high quality vids from today’s top artists. Building an app with VEVO was a no-brainer.

You’ll get access to

• the latest videos featured on VEVO,
  • channels curated by VEVO like throwback hip-hop, alt rock, and Indie
  • up close interviews, impromptu performances caught on tape, and other videos
  • the Top 10 videos on VEVO and across major genres this week

So jump into the app and turn your TV into a music video jukebox.

Vice Magazine is one part Lonely Planet, one part National Geographic, one part Vogue, one part Nightline, and one part Hot or Not… If you’re looking for a gateway into underground culture anywhere in the world, chances are someone from Vice has the keys, which is why we’re excited to have VBS.TV, a video offshoot of Vice now on Boxee.

The brainchild of Shane Smith, Eddy Moretti, Suroosh Alvi and Spike Jonze, the Vice Broadcasting System (VBS) is a web-only network that streams a mix of domestic and international news, pop and underground culture coverage, and the best music in the world. People have used words like eclectic, smart, funny, shocking, and revolutionary to describe VBS, but we prefer to think of them as a shining example of fresh, interesting content that might be too interesting for mainstream TV.

Lastly, Accuweather has been kind enough to give us access to their weather API to build out a good looking app on Boxee. We still don’t know which way high and low pressure systems turn, but we figure the weather channel makes money so there’s got to be something to this. They’ve been a great partner and we look forward to bringing more apps

November 10, 2010 at 8:30 pm

192 Responses to “Boxee Box by D-Link launches, good news re Netflix and Hulu”

1. Disappointed says:

Looks like we shouldn’t be surprised by the massive disappointment of the box. Clearly they aren’t even tech-savvy enough to put a spam filter in their comments!

• paul says:

Hulu No Longer Playing on Boxee for Windows.

Is Fancast, CW, CBS, Next?

I love Boxee Software…but did you just screw the pooch for all your PC users by coming out with a Box ( can you even call it it a box when it’s not symmetrical?)

I don’t want Hulu Plus…I want Free Hulu…I Don’t need the whole season or back catalog…the 5 most recent eps is enough for me.

By the Way…If I bough the Box(how the frack am i supposed to pack this up in a suitcase on a trip….when can I expect to see the Boxee Flat Top Box from either D-DLINK or Netgear, Cisco etc.

• paul says:

OOPS forgot to ask does this sucka play .wtv recording from MCE, because Boxee Beta on Windows sure doesn’t……?

Some people still actualy record shows vs watch streams or DL Torrents. The ability to play back on device other than PC or XBOX MCE extender would be great.

I read on a post that .wtv was included codec…can you confirm this Avner?

Also during your Presentation the other day…I couldn’t help notice that in your codec side by side comparison wit GTV & ATV the Boxee Box also had some X’s. Would you care to share what those codecs were that also failed!!!!!!!!!!!

• BonzaiMaster says:

I couldn’t agree more. You have really shot themselves in the foot by focussing on local content as well (especially for non-US users).

Also, what’s the point of a beta where you got loads of good feedback and then you go and make drastic changes at the very end.

Lastly, you have truly embarrassed me. I have asked lots of my friends to hold off on their media player purchases until the Boxee box got launched based purely on the strength of the beta release on PC.

Avner, you guys have really messed this one up. I would urge you to put a statement out to say how these issues are going to be resolved.

• BonzaiMaster says:

Error in my post above. It should have read “You have really shot ourselves in the foot *NOT* by focussing on local content”

• Doug says:

The beta UI is SO MUCH BETTER!!! What about a cancel button like ESC on the beta? If you accidentally press a button while listening to a song, you have to navigate back to music and restart the song over again to get back in. No visualizations besides the one that comes with it. I agree about the subtitles, they should be off by default and you should be able to turn them on if you want to use them. What is with the audio levelization? It seems if the music gets lower or in between songs, the volume raises and slowly falls back down. Why no music or photo tab at the home menu? Last question/gripe, why no HDMI control? I was expecting this would have it since most BluRays and PS3 have it. If I turn on the Boxee Box I expect it to turn on the TV and switch the input on my TV, that is the beauty of HDMI.

I really like the fact that you guys finally got it out and I have one in my hands, just slightly disappointed. I understand that I was going to pioneer this thing for all my friends and family but geez. I laughed at the Popbox when it came out with all its issues and told everyone look Boxee is going to wait and get it all right before releasing it….

2. Adam says:

The new UI is terrible. Why would you do this! The 0.9 beta was the reason I pre-ordered a Box! This is really bad.

• avner ronen says:

what don’t you like?

• sakodak says:

I’m not the one you asked, but I’m replying anyway: this feels like a bait and switch. This isn’t the box that I thought I was pre-ordering. The UI feels like a giant step backwards from what I’ve been seeing in the beta releases on desktop boxes. I want emphasis on local content, I want the UI that’s in the beta. I want Internet content to actually work and not constantly tell me that the file type isn’t supported (eat codecs for lunch? Really?)

I also want advanced configuration options. I want to disable subtitles globally.

Basically, I want the Boxee Box you sold me on, not the one you delivered.

• ABL says:

I couldn’t say it better. I want the Boxee experience I was sold on too.

• Boxee-U571 says:

WHAT A DISASTER compared to Boxee Beta! I have had my Boxee Box on pre-order for months, I’ve been telling all my friends and colleagues that Boxee Box is the one, that it will be MUCH better than AppleTV and GoogleTV… boy did you guys ever make a fool out of me. It’s nothing like the Beta.

The interface is such a GIANT step backwards, I don’t even know where to start. You can’t even get to the home screen easily, and when you do, the home screen sucks. The people who have supported you are enthusiasts, and now you’ve dumbed down the box to basically be like any other D-Link media box interface. What happened to the pop-up menu with my favorite apps in order? The new interface is bland generic and very difficult to navigate.

It’s unacceptable to not have Netflix and Hulu at launch, you have been purposely misleading us and not telling us whether these would be available at launch because you knew that many pre-orders would be canceled.

Also, one of the primary reasons I bought the box was for TrueHD / DTS-MA support and you didn’t get that right, TrueHD is not bitstreamed. Skip ahead doesn’t work properly, it keeps re-buffering. Subtitles are always on and cannot configure “off” as a preference??

This reminds me of the Windows Vista’s fiasco, it will be hard for Boxee to ever recover from this. I feel betrayed, bait and switch. Boxee U571.

• Paul says:

Completely agree, the new UI looks terrible :( (( Why wasn’t this shown to users before? Now a lot of time went in it, and people don’t like this at all. Seems the designers and developers got up too much in the concept instead of understanding what people need.

• Flabeo says:

Although I hate to admit it, I agree fully. Can we have an option to choose between the old and new interface?

• paul says:

Hulu No Longer Playing on Boxee for Windows.

Is Fancast, CW, CBS, Next?

• 1) Adding items to the queue on the fly is one of the core features I use. You should be extending that feature, not stripping it out.
        1a) Not being able to browse while video is playing may have been a technical necessity for performance, but it adds an awkward gap between videos as I have to flip around in silence.
        2) The home screen feels like you are advertising your featured content, not trying to give me an inspiring set of videos to view. Now my feed and queue are down a layer and I won’t notice when there is something new.
        3) Like most people who use Boxee, I have a ton of content I already want to watch on my computer. Why is it now a 3rd class citizen, buried in the Files section? You do such a great job of highlighting it in the desktop version.
        4) The new (old) fonts aren’t as clear and the new colour scheme is really bland. Either give us something pretty, or give us configurable themes and a boring base.
        5) The new icons have been ’simplified’, which is good. But they just aren’t as attractive as the old. Sorry, whoever designed them.
        6) Stripping out Bittorrent makes me feel like you care more about the content providers and less about users. The realities of your business model may make this true, but please try and hide it better.
        7) The checkbox to ‘never see this message again’ doesn’t work when I leave a video. Next video pops up the same message. More of a bug than a UI problem, but how did nobody notice this?

I hate because I love. You guys have been making amazing progress (user since 0.1a), which is why I was so disappointed when I installed my box. Somehow missed this post and was expecting a more stable version of the 0.9 I came to love.

Also, while I’ll put up with the major networking problems, most other people won’t load a new version from a thumb drive…leaving them with a brick. Mine currently only works on my neighbours wifi right now.

• sean says:

Where are the shortcuts located in the redesign? I do like the quicksilver/google tv style search bar concept, but I honestly don’t want to type for shows I watch frequently. There has to be a way to incorporate the shortcut thumbnails in that menu bar…

Home screen promos (featured content) should be configurable. As it stands it feels more like advertising than helpful suggestions on what to watch. I just don’t use it. Have you done any usage statistics on it? I’d rather see my own favorites that have new episodes I haven’t yet seen in that space.

Planning to bring Netflix to boxee? I’m confused because I’m using netflix with the current version of boxee. Am I missing something?

Hulu Plus? I was considering ordering one of these boxes, but until I see how this plays out, I’m going to continue using my laptop hooked up to the tv. I may be wrong but I think your core audience is one which favors ad-supported content over the subscription model. Clicking on a show without knowing it’s a program that’ll request my credit card makes navigating the show/movie listing very frustrating. That’s more like an apple tv experience… When I’m looking to rent or buy, i’m in a different mindset and I usually know what I’m looking for in that case, so either separate the paid listing from the ad-supported listing or mark the thumbnails so they can be differentiated.

3. Peter says:

I’m really disappointed in the new interface. I pre-ordered the box, based in large part on the beautiful interface I’m used to using on the Mac version of Boxee. The beta was rich, detailed and warm, but the new one is over simplified especially for a big screen experience. It’s unfortunately a step backward. I love the new search features and functionality introduced, but I don’t know why the interface had to be destroyed to do it.

• Peter says:

Okay, I’ll take back the word “destroyed.” That’s perhaps too strong… I’ll admit I take UI a bit too seriously. :) I just loved the subtle details, font choices, and refinement of the beta UI and really miss these attributes in the 1.0 release.

4. sadface says:

I loved that there was a view that combined online shows you added as a favorite and all of your files in the same view. one of my favorite features, and now its gone, unless I want to go through and favorite everything I’ve ever downloaded. Of course its a favorite! That’s why I have it! The entire interface seems to have taken a massive step back. Boxee used to be the best looking media center by a mile, and now its boring and generic just like everything else. I loved the old file menu, convenient links to everything you need, and the ability to add app shortcuts was great, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Now its all text, no more fantastic logos and transforming menus. What i really don’t get about that is why you went to all the trouble to make the home screen simpler and yet made the menu way more complicated than it ever needed to be. Old boxee, you want to watch a tv show, you hit back, go to tv shows, enter, and you’re there. now its back, shows, files, a to z, just to watch something. the sidebar worked great, and by trying to integrate that into the menu you made everything much more of a hassle. if i wanted any of that, i wouldn’t have paid twice as much as every other box. i preordered the day it was announced but i think i have to return it at this point. nothing i loved about boxee is there anymore :(

5. Chuck says:

Hulu No Longer Playing on Boxee for Windows.

Is Fancast, CW, CBS, Next?

6. paul says:

Hulu No Longer Playing on Boxee for Windows.

Is Fancast, CW, CBS, Next?

7. Jim says:

Guys… c’mon… what’s going on here?

8. Robb says:

I’m so disappointed. I have been a very happy fan of Boxee beta for over a year, genuinely excited to have that same product available in my living room, then I get the box today, hurriedly set it up, only to find out that it’s not a fraction the OS i’ve been using on my PC. No Hulu (which is the biggest draw you guys had over your competitors), no Netflix, not even Hulu Plus. What a wild disappointment it was to go into the shows section to check the shows I’ve watched on Boxee beta and see that they don’t even exist on here anymore. they still show up in my favorites, but no episodes available anymore.

It’s all about the content. You guys had it, now you don’t. Expect to see a return from this buyer.

• Ken Purcell says:

Really?! Bait and Switch! No Netflix on Boxee Box launch. I wish someone had stole the damn thing off my front porch on delivery!!

Sucky upgrade! No thanks, It’s is going back unless I hear how to roll the UI back that includes Netflix. Should have gone with the Roku.

9. John says:

Is there not a way to put your favorite apps on a home screen of sorts so you don’t have to scroll down and dig through menus for them?

• Andrew Kippen says:

start typing the name of the app - the app should quickly show up in search results and you’ll be able to launch it from there. no need to dig through menus.

• Jim says:

Using the front of the remote is easy in dim light, but requiring me to turn on a lamp to type to find favorite apps is a pain. Why change the interface to make things more complicated and difficult when the beta was so elegant?

10. C says:

This has to be one of the most disastrous product launches in a while. I’ll stick with the PC version.

BTW, the new interface is boring and cheap.

11. Tyler D says:

You guys HAVE to get this thing in stores with a demo unit available or it will NEVER take off. Even apple tv has a demo unit in best buys and apple stores. Look what happened to the Nexus One. It is marketing and sales 101 for a new product launch! I LOVE Boxee but I know it will absolutely fail without a proper launch. It NEEDS to be in a retail store for people to test out. 95% of people can’t grasp the concept with a verbal explanation.

12. James says:

How does all of this legal internet TV devices play out when there are services like Comcast restricting bandwidth?

I can imagine playing one or two videos in 1080p and then getting a call from an ISP saying you have exceeded your quota for the month.

13. Norma says:

I don’t like the new UI.
    Back to Plex for me.

14. Jon the Heretic says:

Thanks for the cool ride with Hulu. However, without Hulu Basic and frankly without access to free web content, what do we need Boxee for? It was fun while it lasted!

The only reason I wanted a Boxee Box was that it had Free Hulu too—a unifying box that will allow me to toss PlayOn. Hulu Plus, as many have already figured, is a terrible value (less content than Hulu Basic!; high price!; month long delays for shows; content continually rotated off when they could provide whole libraries). Honestly, I pay only slightly more for Netlfix and get also Blurays twice a week and all you can eat streams). Hulu Plus, with whom Boxee has thrown the success of their product in with, is a very poor value compared to Netflix. I need not wish it to die; the Invisible Hand of the Market will take care of that for me.

I understand Boxee’s temptation to go “legit” (whatever that means), but your appeal had a lot to do with bucking the double standard of web video to computers versus…computers (only on a bigger screen), and for creating a unifying interface (which I still find confusing, to be honest. But I like free). Without that niche to distinguish you, you are now in the same pack as AppleTV, Roku, WD, GoogleTV, and the others. Hulu Basic made you stand out. No more! I already get what they have to offer through my PS3 (and Blu ray too).

I appreciate the change because now I don’t need to spend $200 right now, and I already get Hulu through the ever so awkward PlayOn Basic ($20), but it does work. Now I look forward to AppleTV (at a more affordable $99) that has been jailbroken, just maybe, to give me what I had Boxee used to. Streaming without shackles.

15. Dustin says:

Let me tell you a story about young love dashed away. It was about a year ago that boxee and I first laid eyes on each other. The romance flared up quickly; after all, boxee had Netflix, and the normal hulu as well as local media playback. The interface was beautiful, and the product was open source. This Linux nerd was in love. However, as is usually the case with young love, it was not to be. There were driver problems, poor remote choices, and eventually, I had to step back. “It’s just a break” we both said, but I knew that unless the performance could increase I wasn’t coming back. Then a light on the horizon! Boxee will be producing their own hardware. Finally I didn’t have to worry about speed or compatibility. I quickly set up filters to check for fresh news on a daily basis. After what seemed like years of waiting, I had an opportunity to pre-order boxee a ticket to fly back into town. I was so excited to be re-united with my love. The plane was delayed, but not for long, and I was so happy when boxee eventually arrived. However, all was not as it seemed. Boxee had undergone cosmetic surgery and wasn’t quite the same beast as before. “It’s OK” I said, it’s the inside that counts, that’s what I really loved anyway. However, when we got home, we realized that there was some baggage missing. Turns out the airport lost Hulu, Netflix, and Vudu. Such a shame. I am going home to a totally different boxee than what I fell in love with, and I feel betrayed. I suspect that if the missing luggage doesn’t arrive by the 30 day return window for Amazon, boxee and I will have another awkward “Break”.

16. Nate says:

I just received my boxee box and got it setup. Looks great. We use boxee mainly as a way to keep up with our tv shows.

However, a lot of the tv shows I use to watch are unavailable on boxee box?? I can still watch them on mac with boxee though.

It looks like NBC, FOX, CBS, Hulu(basic), HGTV, maybe many others are all not available thru the box?? Are these being blocked? Is this going to change in the coming months? As this extremely limits the amount of shows you can stream.

17. Michael says:

I think some of these comments are a bit harsh, but as a die-hard user that stalked, set up Google alerts, and downloaded alpha and beta versions on Mac, PC, and Apple TV (1st Gen), I too am disappointed with the launch software. I am not as harsh as some of my fellow Boxee-heads because I realize that for us to have this dream product, there had to be some compromises and a strong effort to draw in the NON-die-hards. But I’m not sure that this v1 software does justice to either group.

I suggest (a suggestion… a novel idea) going the route of my web design software. Greet me with an option on startup, ex: Nerd, Power User, Non-Techie, etc. And save those preferences. Most times, this isn’t a great idea and it does require effort to keep up two different interfaces. But since this product had such a large group of early adopters… most of them very techie, I think we at least need two options. Local content (and Netflix access… which REALLY should have been secured at launch) are the two main draws for me. And the beauty with which Boxee handles the former really is what distinguishes it from the competition. It really deserves more love.

Still wouldn’t rather have a Roku, Google TV or Apple TV. Go Boxee.

18. Robin says:

What happened to the nice and playful UI? I’m glad I didn’t pre-order like I planned, because then I would’ve been really disappointed by the change.

19. seba says:

Wtf guys, how did that meeting at boxee go?
    “Ok people,
    We now have spend a year in beta, but finally everything is almost as the users like it, so now let’s change everything for the final release.”

Looks like I’ll stay with xbmc on a htpc.

20. OmitFlow says:

Dear boxee-team,
    I’m really looking forward to your device. I wanted to buy it as soon as it is released in Germany.
    But not anymore: Cold interface; access to my own, legal content got more difficult (local content was the main plus for boxee) and no support for netflix, pandora, hulu or how they are called for Germany.
    I know, the last point isn’t your fault, but at least give me easy access to my OWN videos.

THX. Tell me once you updated to v1.1

21. OpenMind says:

I love the new UI! Make the featured feed optional/configurable and you got the perfect UI. Love the new search menu..

22. OpenMind says:

and i love that you are working with Netflix. The PC/Mac needs a great Netflix app.

23. Jan says:

Just canceled my box, guys you fooled us all. Back to XBMC!

24. mike says:

Movies like UP and Avatar? TV shows like the Daily Show and the Office? Wow. Sounds great. Buying one…..got it…..oh but I live in Canada….shucks……returned.

25. Markus says:

Global Times need global products, not just tailored to a certain market. Boxee Box is currently quite useless outside USA. Also why does it perform even worse than boxee for Windows?!! The developers know exactly their hardware specs and still are not capable of providing a solid software experience (that even more has been intensively tested by engaged beta testers and that feel now betrayed)

26. YZNBRGR says:

WTF!?!?! I ordered the box because of the UI. How do I filter just my local files? I don’t care about “The Most Popular”! Give me my old UI. And you focused on video so you “pushed” music and pictures to the files section. Well, all your work on video is lost on me and I want my music and photos back on the home screen.

What were you guys thinking? Did you even use this piece before you pushed it?

How do I down-grade?

27. newaj says:

The interface looks ok but I still like the PC version.

28. Derek in Canada says:

I was so excited for the launch of the Boxee Box; a nice add to the Christmas List. Have been using the software on my Mac and absolutely love it. After reading all the comments let just say I was quick to cross it off my list.

BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!

29. ClayS says:

Can we get an update on when Netflix will be available? “End of the year” won’t really cut it for much longer…

30. alisonplays says:

I have hooked up the new Boxee box. Have 1gb ethernet and 35mb FIOS and I can’t get a full CNET, Destructiod, etc VideoCast. It keeps stopping to load.

How in the world is it going to stream an entire HD movie from Netflix when it can’t play a 5 minute videopodcast?

31. wwwyulelcom says:

Well, a few days ago, the Boxee Box came out. [...]

32. thatAMVguy says:

Hey, I love Boxee I have been using the beta for about 6 months now and telling all my friends how great it is. I understand that you had to drop free Hulu in order to get Hulu Plus and I’m fine with that. I can also use my PS3 for a few more weeks to get Netflix untill the Boxee Box gets it. That’s OK also…

But for the love of god give me back the old interface. The one in Beta was great. This one in the Box is just insulting. At least make it an option to us the old interface. What a Huge step backward.

If I wanted to be hand held and treated like an idiot I’d use a Mac. Boxee is built off of Mozilla the browser for people who want choice. It’s like you’ve forgotten your roots.

33. [...] Kippen / Boxee Blog:Boxee Box by D-Link starts shipping, new Boxee version, Netflix and Hulu Plus, too  —  The Boxee Box by D-Link is launching today in 33 countries with a brand new [...]

34. [...] Other Boxee details that have been finally locked down: [...]

35. [...] año está cerca de estar en los estantes de todas las tiendas del mundo, pero desde ya se están enviando las unidades para clientes que pre-ordenaron un Boxee Box. Pero lo que me gusta de D-link es que no se quedará [...]

36. [...] Nov 11th, 2010 0 Comments Worth Reading? The standalone Boxee Box by D-Link is finally shipping, with 33 countries getting the $199.99 home entertainment box at launch. While we’ve known to [...]

37. [...] standalone Boxee Box by D-Link is finally shipping, with 33 countries getting the $ 199.99 home entertainment box at launch. While we’ve known [...]

38. [...] to 33 countries. Support for Netflix and Hulu should be arriving soon, Boxee announced in a blog post.The Wall Street Journal Launches Edition for Android TabletsClose on the heels of the release of [...]

39. [...] to 33 countries. Support for Netflix and Hulu should be arriving soon, Boxee announced in a blog post.The Wall Street Journal Launches Edition for Android TabletsClose on the heels of the release of [...]

40. [...] Last night, the Boxee Box by D-Link officially started shipping. Boxee started off as software you could install on your computer which gave you access to online shows and videos. Rather than visiting a bunch of diferent web sites, Boxee pulls in all that content and stuffs it into a beautiful and easy to navigate interface. The Boxee windows client came out last June and Boxee announced the Boxee Box at the end of last year. Earlier this month, we got word that the Boxee Box would be launching on the 10th of this month and now it’s here. [...]

41. [...] Boxee launches to 33 countries, marking another curve in the road that changes how we view boring old [...]

42. [...] though, you’ll have to satisfy yourself with Vudu’s streaming HD movies on the gadget. [Boxee] Tagged:boxeeboxee boxd-linkentertainmentstreaming mediavideo on [...]

43. [...] Boxee heeft aangekondigd HTML5 applicaties te zullen ondersteunen. Enkele voorbeelden zijn bijvoorbeeld NY Times, HBO, Turner, USA Today, Vimeo en YouTube. Voor sommige van deze diensten zullen applicaties gemaakt worden die naadloos zullen integreren in Boxee. Meer info is te vinden op de BoxeeBlog: http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/11/10/boxee-box-starts-shipping-new-boxee-version-netflix-and-hulu-plus-to... [...]

44. [...] now | £199.99 | Boxee from Amazon. This entry was posted in Boxee, Media Streaming. Bookmark the permalink. [...]

45. [...] Hulu Plus comes to Boxeehttp://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/20101110/a-web-video-truce-free-hulu-goes-away-from-boxee-replaced-by-hulu-plus/ … and the box is finally shippinghttp://blog.boxee.tv/2010/11/10/boxee-box-starts-shipping-new-boxee-version-netflix-and-hulu-plus-to… [...]

46. [...] and it is finally shipping in time for the holidays. The Boxee Box ($200) which is made by D-Link launched today and it will soon include both Netflix and Hulu [...]

47. [...] set-top box for streaming video content built in collaboration with D-Link—is on like Donkey Kong now available in 33 countries. While the device is launching with an impressive array of access to online sources [...]

48. [...] box for streaming video content built in collaboration with D-Link—is on like Donkey Kong now available in 33 countries. While the device is launching with an impressive array of access to online sources [...]

49. [...] box for streaming video content built in collaboration with D-Link—is on like Donkey Kong now available in 33 countries. While the device is launching with an impressive array of access to online sources [...]

50. [...] set-top box for streaming video content built in collaboration with D-Link—is on like Donkey Kong now available in 33 countries. While the device is launching with an impressive array of access to online sources [...]

51. [...] sorpresa, puesto que han prometido un interesante añadido: soporte nativo para las aplicaciones de Netflix y Hulu Plus, con lo que las posibilidades del equipo se multiplican exponencialmente.Como no podía ser de otra [...]

52. [...] sorpresa, puesto que han prometido un interesante añadido: soporte nativo para las aplicaciones de Netflix y Hulu Plus, con lo que las posibilidades del equipo se multiplican [...]

53. [...] comes on the heels of Wednesday’s announcement that the Boxee Box would also be carrying the service at some point in the future, in addition to [...]

54. [...] comes on the heels of Wednesday’s announcement that the Boxee Box would also carry the service at some point in the future, in addition to apps to [...]

55. [...] Source : Blog Boxee [...]

56. [...] Not having Amazon feels kind of crazy. I mean, you buy the box through Amazon. As for Netflix, it’s coming — as is support for the Hulu Plus service (that’s Hulu on a monthly-subscription basis). The Boxee Blog has a post that explains more about this. [...]

57. [...] de aankondiging van Boxee dat de verkoop van de D-Link Boxee Box in 33 landen - waaronder Nederland en [...]

58. [...] The Boxee Box by D-Link is launching today in 33 countries with a brand new version of the software. You can order yours here. If you have been spending more and more time watching videos on your computer and would like to be able to More… [...]

59. [...] forward a few months. Last week Boxee, a small startup from Israel, launched the “Boxee Box”. This is a mere platform for a software that has been under development for the past few years. [...]

60. [...] is shipping the Boxee Box. The network Web sites will presumably block it, but it has Vudu, is going to get Netflix and Hulu [...]

61. [...] demanding Boxee roll back the user interface (UI) changes introduced with the newest version, and numerous users have complained about the fact that the UI emphasizes online video sources over locally stored media — an [...]

62. [...] Well, a few days ago, the Boxee Box came out. [...]

63. [...] battle is over. As Boxee celebrated the first shipments of its new, D-Link-manufactured Boxee Box, it also announced Wednesday that talks are underway to bring Hulu back into the Boxee [...]