Our Team Blog

Boxee partners with Iomega, NAS device running Boxee is coming

We are happy to announce that Iomega will be bringing out a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device running the Boxee software.

Boxee is a software company (even though some people mistake us for a set-top box maker) and we would like to get our software embedded into as many devices as possible: set-top boxes such as the Boxee Box by D-Link, NAS devices such as the upcoming Iomega TV with Boxee, TVs, BluRays, Game Consoles, etc.

Iomega will be our second device partner and we hope to continue to grow the list in 2011 and beyond.

We love the idea behind a NAS device running Boxee. For people with media storage that’s running low, it’s a perfect place to expand their collections while giving them wireless / wired access to their existing collection on a TV. The Iomega product will come with 3 different configurations: Diskless, 1TB and 2TB. If you have large HD files that are just too much for your WiFi network to handle then having them stored locally is a perfect solution.

Like the Boxee Box by D-Link the Iomega TV with Boxee is powered by the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, bringing the fire power required to play 1080P HD videos, run a TV browser, play Adobe Flash 10.1 and more. Having both Boxee-based devices running the same system-on-chip is also making life simpler for us, since we can develop virtually identical firmware for both.

Iomega is a worldwide leader in storage solutions, with a variety of NAS, external hard drives, multimedia drives, and removable storage solutions. We are excited about the partnership and the opportunity to bring Boxee goodness to a new type of device, giving users more options for getting Boxee to their TVs.

The pricing of the Iomega TV with Boxee will be (MSRP):

• No disk - $229
  • 1TB - $299
  • 2TB - $349

We expect the product to be available in the first half of the year.

Iomega TV with Boxee - Box and RemoteIomega TV with Boxee - Home Theatre

January 4, 2011 at 12:01 am

137 Responses to “Boxee partners with Iomega, NAS device running Boxee is coming”

1. ummyssalu says:

Will the disk be user upgradable, for example, buy the box without disk, then add our own disk ?

2. Alex says:

Care to show us the back of the device? It’s more intriguing than the Boxee Box on paper, but if it could connect to SDTVs, I’d be all over this.

• Stefan says:

look on engadget… but you won’t be happy

• Stefan says:

nevermind… :D you’ll be happy

• avner ronen says:

It has an analog out, but really for Boxee to shine it need to be on an HDTV!

• Packgrog says:

I’m right there with you! I’ve been holding off on the Boxee Box because of the lack of SDTV output and the fact that the box shape is not wife-friendly. This, on the other hand, looks like just what the doctor ordered! Add the hard drive to it, and I can finally take my aging Linkstation HG 250 offline. Really looking forward to this! Can’t wait, especially since my XBox finally gave up the ghost and I’m stuck running XBMC on an old laptop for my main TV right now.

3. iNezar says:

nice i wil wait to see this one …
    i was going to buy boxee box :D

4. Bob Darlington says:

Will it come with Netflix? I’m still waiting for that and it was promised by the end of the year (end of 2010).

5. JetSet says:

Boxee still needs HeadWeb, LOVEFiLM, Voddler, and Spotify content in order to gain popularity in Europe ;)

Personally I will not buy a Boxee device until it has Spotify for Scandinavia :P

As it is today; Boxee for Europeans is no better then any other cheap media streamer, like for example NMT / Popcorn Hour, since no one here can use any of good online content anyway because it is a geolocked and geoblocked :(

• avner ronen says:

We would love to have those services on Boxee devices and we’ll try to bring them all on board.

I think we are already very different from the alternatives you mentioned, but that’s up to you to decide.

• JetSet says:

Cool, but are Boxee actually activly reaching out to the content companies that provide these services?

I mean to ask, have Boxee called up any European companies likle Spotify and asked them if they would like to collaberate on a app of their own for Boxee?

Or are you only activly reaching out to North American content service providers?

• Pierre says:

Well you have access to SVTPlay, TV4Play and TV3Play and soon to HeadWeb and Kanal5Play

Also scraping functions for movies and TV series and possibility to play movies without unrar the.

Thats a lot better than Popcorn Hour, TVIX and WD HD TV Live according to me.

6. André Fettouhi says:

@JetSet: If you bothered to check, HeadWeb is on Boxee.

7. Kermonk says:

Hm, so Iomega are making a NAS and calling it a TV? That’s going to confuse people *g*

It could be a worry for Boxee Box owners when other devices come out, that the Box is going to get neglected. But since they use the same chip we can hope the Boxee programmers are clever enough to have planned for this so most of the source is the same.

• avner ronen says:

source code is virtually the same. there are very minor adjustments to account for some underlying plumbing differences, but the dev team is essentially working of one branch.

8. Tommy says:

JetSet: Headweb have an Boxee application, check out http://www.headweb.com/boxee. It works great. Spotify; I totally agree with you. :) But Voddler is a piece of crap IMHO.

• avner ronen says:

I really like Spotify. Really looking forward to having it on Boxee.

Voddler has some great stuff on it, too. The more content options for users the better.

• Jan says:

I miss Spotify. I used to use it all the time when i lived in the UK. Now if only we could get this in the US as well.

Changing subject. I love Boxee and it works really well, even though i am torn whether I should use 100% of the times or still use Plex. I guess the tipping point will be when you will add TheTVDB scraper. IMDB is amazing but i have tv shows that are not listed on there while TheTVDB has them all. Any word if Boxee is planning on adding scrapers? I don’t necessarily care for adding manual scrapers but i feel that IMDB (for movies) plus TheTVDB (for tv shows) would really help make Boxee become the #1 choice.

9. JetSet says:

Does this Iomega TV device by the way feature a SMB / CIFS / Samba server so that you can share the data to other computers from its harddrive via SMB instead of having to use a limited network protocol like UPnP?

Same question as above but for a NFS server; does it feature an built-in NFS server?

Also will you be able to connect a external USB harddrive to this Iomega TV device and share it over the network just like with the internal harddrive?

What about connecting a USB Hub to his Iomega TV device and connect several external USB harddrive too it, will you then be able to share all those USB harddrives over the network with the Iomega TV device internal DNLA / UPnP Media Server or SMB?

• avner ronen says:

Resounding “Yes” on all fronts, beside the NFS question, which I am not sure about. Need to check.

• JetSet says:

Having both an NFS server and an NFS client in Boxee would be very nice, but an NFS server for this Iomega TV device would be great!

NFS (Network File System) protocol is so much faster then SMB in every possible way, and the overhead of NFS is less.

10. G says:

am I seeing grey letters on black keys on this remote as well?

11. Jeff says:

Any Boxee running device needs to have TV Tuner support and a DVD rom.

• hd_fan says:

Yes please Avner and gang! Please support external tuners at least like HDHomeRun, for over-the-air ATSC in the U.S. and DVB in Europe.

12. HwyXingFrog says:

The big question, will we be able to run XBMC Live on it? Since we can’t yet on the Boxee Box.

• avner ronen says:

It will not be possible to run XBMC on the Iomega device. Same story as with the Boxee Box by D-Link.

• Raman says:

Avner, didn’t you say the Boxee Box would be hackable at CES 2010 last year? Given the roots of Boxee, I would imagine that if the Box was hackable, XBMC would be a logical first step in “hacking” the Box

13. jeff says:

Game consoles you say? intriguing. PS3 please.

• avner ronen says:

We need to convince Sony… We can’t do it without their blessing

• Dieter Blomme says:

The chance of convincing Sony will be small. I don’t think they want support for matroska on the PS3, because of their interest in the rise of Bluray :s
        And if it does happen, I’m screwed with my Boxee Box AND my PS3 :)

14. stevo81989 says:

Honestly didnt see this coming so soon but i am really excited to see the vision of Boxee on every device come to fruition. Something else i would like to see is boxee in its entirety come as an app on the PS3 but thats probably harder. I just had a quick question. Is there a standard for devices that will run boxee? For instance will you say that it is mandatory to at least have a USB and HDMI or is it different everytime?

• avner ronen says:

Yes, would be great to get Boxee on the PS3.

There is a standard we mandate, its less about ports, and more about platform security, codec licensing and so forth. We do have recommendations: HDMI, Ethernet + WiFi, QWERTY keyboard, etc.

15. Doug says:

I’m looking forward to having a look at this. I’m in the market for a media device but I’ve had bad experience with D-Link in the past and won’t buy from them again so a BOXEE running on an IOMEGA platform would be an option for me.

We already have our personal photos & music on a Netgear NAS with mirrored drives but having other “replaceable” media stored on a dedicated media NAS sounds like a great option.

• avner ronen says:

Sorry to hear about your past experience with D-Link. Would be great if you could give them another chance with the Boxee Box, but if you’ll wait for the Iomega TV with Boxee that’s cool with us, too :)

16. Shawn says:

Is the remote IR or RF? I think their a lot of us that are dying to use their boxee box with a harmony remote but can’t because it’s RF

• avner ronen says:

You can get the Boxee Box to work with IR using a dongle.

The Iomega TV is also RF based (IR is terrible solution for a QWERTY), they may add IR support.

• Jesse says:

Using a Ir remote is not hard, the issue is teaching the converted RF codes to the Ir Harmony. I use a USB mini keyboard/track pad with keys mapped specifically for the BB and it works like a charm. I realize not everyone needs or wants a keyboard of any size in their living room but the Keysonic ACK-540RF is very small as keyboards go and has the advantage of full size keyboard with a trackpad for mouse control. Add the custom mapped keys and it makes control of the BB a breeze, and the KB is small enough to place in an end table drawer and/or place on your knee.

17. Narg says:

I’ve tried out a number of these internet TV devices. They are awesome! Only one thing missing: Parental Controls. None of them I’ve seen yet will allow TV rating controls to be turned on, or locking of channels or anything relating to controlling the content that comes through the device. Bummer!

18. Duped says:

Yay! Another half working device is coming!

• avner ronen says:

Sorry you feel that way. I assume you have issues with your Boxee Box. You can send me your feedback directly and I can see if I can help or at least respond to the issues you are having.

• Jeff Payne says:

I’ve got one for you (copied from http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-7152):

“Automatic full-screen support should be a priority one problem. I encounter this issue all the time and I can’t for the life of me understand why the desktop version of Boxee can auto full-screen everything while the Boxee box can manage about 50% of content. Even the channels that do support the functionality, first show the browser page and then expand the video (YouTube is a good example). The full-screen selector that appears when pressing menu seems to me like a stop-gap measure that slows down the viewing experience. I think it would be perfectly reasonable for the Boxee team to give a solid date for full-screen support for everything that the Boxee Box runs. Forget the major focus that has been placed on Netflix - that is an addition and premium content to boot. This issue strikes at the core content of this system: free web video. Furthermore it affects some existing apps and upcoming apps - the Streamfree.tv app comes to mind, as the team has stated that it will have to wait for the Boxee team to provide a fix before its channels automatically go full-screen. Thank you and I look forward to your response.”

• avner ronen says:

There is a tech issue and business issue here.

The Boxee Box has a different browser than the one in the PC/Mac and a different Flash player. We take advantage of native FS call of the Flash player and in some cases it works and in others it doesn’t (depending on the specific implementation of the player).

Going into full screen automatically is something some of the content owners frown upon and we need to respect it.

• Stewart says:

I left my box with my in-laws over the holidays and watching them use it and providing phone support for them made it really clear that one of the biggest usability problems with the Box is trying to get the videos into full screen. It was just difficult for them. Every site had a slightly different design and placement for the full screen buttons. Navigating the cursor with the direction pas was difficult too. Your approach to YouTube seems like a nice balance. The site loads, we see it is YouTube and then after a few seconds it pops into full screen. Have you guys done user testing on the UI and the experience?

19. Kyle says:

When will Boxee 1.0 hit computers!!!!?!?!?!?!?! I believe we were told ‘a few weeks after the new year’?

20. Dorner says:

Hello,
    is the iomega tv fanless? If not is the player quieter than the boxee box?

21. OldSmoke says:

i have a new Nueros link
    if you want the ultimate in tweakability this is it.
    put whatever you want on it for an os or use their version of ubuntu.
    runs boxee,xbmc,minitube,tunapie and whatever else you want to install.
    i have a tweaked version of ubuntu 64bit 10.10 all works well hdmi sound is great.
    dont limit yourself with hardware that only runs 1 thing.

22. Flabeo says:

My biggest concern is Boxee going to face the same kind of OS fragmentation that Google’s Android OS is facing on phones? i.e. Some devices not getting the latest firmware update or missing features because the latest greatest version is priority #1. Kind of like what were seeing with the PC version of Boxee still in Beta while the Boxee Box hits 1.0.

23. I just hope iomega manages to de-crap their existing home NAS before doing anything interesting with Boxee.

24. interconnect says:

I guess I don’t really understand what exactly this device is? I know what a NAS is, but to me this just seems like a Boxee Box but with internal storage. Am I missing something?

25. Miguel Beher says:

Sounds interesting. 2TB is not enough space to feed my boxee box :) , and I have a dedicated file server already, but this will be an interesting device.

I can see mutli-television households having one nas boxee, and then using that to serve content to other boxee boxes.

26. Heng Teets says:

Wow, OK dude I never thought about it like that before!

27. A Fan says:

What I like about it vs dlink’s box, is the data on it can be placed in a personal cloud, so it can be accessed from a computer anywhere ie: on vacation etc… I noticed no one is really mentioning that feature. It works on the hard drive versions only from what I read.

• Jesse says:

The reason no one is mentioning it is because with todays restrictions on upload speed you will only be able to stream very low resolution (read phone) versions of your video, and this would require re-encoding the stream on the fly, which a 1GH Atom does not have the power to do. Although you could spend hours encoding them before handThis would be OK for documents and photos though. Then the other consideration is bandwidth restrictions being placed on consumers by some ISP’s, like Comcast’s 250GB a month cap before they throttle you back and charge you more. And if you think you will never use 250GB in a month than I am here to tell you it is not a problem as I hit it almost every month.

• A Fan says:

From what I gathered Iomega personal cloud makes “you” the device, the cloud, hence the personal part. Which means you don’t need to upload, and the other end would only need to download/stream.

True, bandwidth is a factor, but if you just want to stream a movie or two well your away, you should be okay.

At least that’s what I gathered correct me if I’m wrong, the info is still scarce on details

28. JetSet says:

How many gigabyte internal storage does Iomega TV diskless version of have?

D-Link’s Boxee Box only have 1GB which is not enough to cache thumbnails :(

So I hope that Iomega TV diskless version at least have 8GB internal storage?

29. Daniel says:

Given that my Boxee Box experience has been a frustrating one I’m considering replacing it with this. Buggy software, dropped video, black screens, EDID handshake issues have all left me a little cold. I have filed an RMA request with my vendor today and hopefully I will be sending the device back this week. I will keep an eye on this box in the hope that its a better implementation.

• Jesse says:

Makes no sense to change just for the buggy OS, because if you read the Spec’s then you would know it will run the EXACT same SW as the BB, bugs and all. So as they improve the SW on one it will improve on the other. Now if you were making the switch for the NAS options or the form factor then I could see it.

• Daniel says:

Yes the NAS is an attractive option but also the fact that the iomega box is not purely reliant on HDMI output and will allow some flexibility when connecting to an older set. I have an older HD LG which is HDCP complaint (according to my DVD player and the docs) but boxee is very flaky when connecting to it. The Iomaga box looks as if it will allow for SDTV output and I can connect to my 720p set via standard cables. Many users on the forums have complained of black screens of death at boot or bad EDID handshakes and I’m hoping that the new firmware sorts it before I decide to send it back.

Ive requested an RMA but in the meantime I’ve reset the box to factory settings, applied the latest update and we’ll give it a few more days. As a platform Im really excited about it, its just that I seem to spend a lot of time resetting the box because of the black screen issue.

• avner ronen says:

Sounds like you had a really bad experience. Did you ever chat with someone from our support? Would love to try and help

• Daniel says:

Thanks Avner,
        I spoke with tech support today. We did a factory reset so I will give it a few days, maybe try the new firmware and then make a decision.
        Any ideas on the timescale for the new firmware :)

30. Darwin says:

Avner! with the launch of the new boxee Iomega partnership, what is then to be of us loyal users of the original D-link Boxee Box owners. Aside from the bugs and lack of some premium apps I truly love and amazed by the boxee software and my boxee box hardware. Does this new partnership means that D-link Boxee Box become of less importance? I will really feel sadden if this was the case as for the holidays I had purchase two more D-link Boxee Box aside from mine as gifts to family members as I am so amazed by Boxee Box and now am reading a newer device is coming out, that makes me think why Boxee team has delay on correcting all know bugs and adding premium apps? am just in disarray!

Hi Darwin,

Glad to hear you are a happy user of the Boxee Box. You should not be concerned about our commitment to the Boxee Box. Both devices share the same architecture (Intel Sodaville) and will run a firmware, which is virtually similar.

You’ll see us bringing out more firmware updates and more content partners, both for the Boxee Box and Iomega TV.

Avner

31. Cem Turan says:

Boxee on “Jailbroken” PS3! That would make huge headlines! and even bump up the sales of PS3’s.

• avner ronen says:

You’re probably right on both fronts. We just dont want to be hacking PS3 we want to be partnering with Sony..

• Cem Turan says:

Signed custom firmwares are already out there enabling installation of .PKGs to the PlayStation XMB…
        A “proof of concept” video would grab the attention of Sony ;) No offense but I’m pretty sure they have decreased their FOV to Google TV an action from your side is required, soldier! ;)

32. fperrotta says:

Hello Avner

Which gameconsoles are you guys thinking of incorporating Boxee with? I would really like to see it on a PS3, so I can use my Ps3 for more than just playing my games.(which I don’t use that often anymore)

• avner ronen says:

It seems that many people would like to see Boxee on the PS3. Hope the people at Sony are listening… :)

• Cem Turan says:

Suprised? :D
        I think Sony HQ is in crysis right now with their major security epic fail… I think its time to kick in now. Conquer PS3 before someone else does… sneeze.plex.sneeze.xbmc…

BTW thanks for the reply. I sincerely love what you guys do and how open you are!

33. TheKrishna says:

this looks amazing and i think it’s a great idea. Can you comment on the difference between this product and D-Link’s boxee box? Other than the storage of course. UI? Features? that sort of stuff.

• avner ronen says:

The major difference will be the NAS and related functionality, otherwise it will run the same version of the Boxee software (same features, same content)

34. Jesse says:

People, look at the spec’s, a 1Gh Intel Atom processor will not be a very serious NAS, it just doesn’t have the horse power. And to the guy who got excited about keeping his data on the cloud, well, you have fun waiting for those GB to upload at 3.5Mbps on your home connection. I maintain 3 websites and a forum and I do a lot of waiting for just a 500-700 MB upload. I have a ReadyNAS with true NAS options like remote management, DLNA streaming, iTunes server, iPhoto server, RAID support. Yes, it costs more, but only $150 more than the 2TB version of this box, which is not upgradeable. This is aimed squarely at the non-techie average home user., which is not a bad thing, but I need more options and more horse power in a NAS

• John says:

Sorry, but you are very mistaken about the Atom processors not being up to snuff for NAS.

For example, QNAP TS series NAS boxes. I’ve got one of these puppies running at my company and it’s blazing fast. At it’s core is an 1.6ghz atom processor.

35. Brian Kiser says:

Looks interesting. Where is the USB port?

36. Albert Kinng says:

please Avner….

tell me that my Boxee Box will be compatible with all the upgrades coming up. I don’t want to feel I bought a BBox without a lot of stuff and next year you will introduce an Iomega Box full of options that I wouldn’t be able to get because my Bbox is not compatible!??

37. Mike says:

I saw this on Engadget yesterday and I just have to say… What the hell were the design team at Iomega thinking??? The box looks ugly and dated and the remote looks like a VCR remote from 20 years ago for goodness sake. The boxee box is awesome but i really can’t get over how ugly this new thing is.

• Mike says:

There’s a picture of it for anyone who hasn’t seen it. http://www.engadget.com/photos/iomega-tv-with-boxee-hands-on/#3735625

• Cem Turan says:

I totally agree! This must be a back to the future special edition. It can’t be the final thing… Oh and the red thingy, is that one of those Old School IBM/Lenovo trackpad replacement thingy? Thats actually a good idea, i thought about the same thing when i saw the first boxee box remote…

• jebise says:

i would have went with a Blackberry track ball or the Blackberry track pad then the stupid old red track point (old tech)

• M1AU says:

Actually I like the industrial design a LOT more than the high gloss Boxee Box.
      High gloss just always looks ugly in my opinion.

• Wayne Linder says:

What were they thinking? That people would like the device to be put on a shelf in their AV cabinet, not stuck on top of something “if there was room.” Sometimes functionality wins.

38. jebise says:

Dose this one actually support dual band wireless radio’s aka 5GHz and 2.4GHz, if it says wireless N support i would assume that would be true but i have been proven wrong with the BBox and thats why it went back to the store. I did not spend $120 for a true dual band router so i can use the 5GHz spectrum to be bumped down to 2.4GHz for a small device.

Please don’t make the same mistake again, i mean your charging $30 more for the diskless version adding a 10 cent wireless card is not going to make a difference.

39. Kevin Kelm says:

Does this box support HDMI passthrough? I find this one major thing I would like to see in a Boxee box. There should be no need to switch inputs on my TV just to use boxee. Just push a button and boxee pops up over my live TV.
    This would give a much better integrated user experience like the way Google TV does it.

40. M1AU says:

This is just what I wanted from the beginning.
    Now the hard drive free version shouldn’t be over 200 EUR in Europe, otherwise it’s again a no-go.

41. Ron says:

This looks great. It might make for a nice bedroom box to replace my current XBMC one. My only problem is I will then have two boxees in my house neither of them know what the other has done. I’d love a option in the settings to turn on network database to store the library and other details. It’d be great if I could start watching a movie in one room and then finish watching it in another without having to go through the trouble of finding where I left off.

42. dingbat says:

Will you only provide a Linux version, or will you also provide a Windows version? To take advantage of the power of this and justify the cost, I’d need to consolidate my J River MC 15 server onto this, but that only runs on a Windows OS. Thanks for considering this!

43. dingbat says:

Will you only provide a Linux version, or will you also provide a Windows version? To take advantage of the pwer of this and jsutify the cost, I’d need to consolidate my J River MC 15 server onto this, but that only runs on a Windows OS. Thanks for considering this!

44. Markus says:

Will the boxee media Server Run on the iomega NAS?

• Wayne Linder says:

The Boxee ’side’ runs completely separately from the NAS ’side.’ It is essentially a dual-function box - an interface for your TV (Boxee) and a NAS as well. The NAS side has a DLNA server, iTunes server, SMB/AFP file serving, etc.

45. Raven says:

Will the NAS feature a usenet client with an RSS reader?

46. [...] http://blog.boxee.tv/2011/01/04/boxee-partners-with-iomega-nas-device-running-boxee-is-coming/ Categories: Boxee, Hardware, MediaCenter Tags: Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) Leave a comment Trackback [...]

47. [...] NAS By Chris Davies on Tue Jan 4th, 2011 0 Comments Worth Reading? Boxee has announced its second hardware partner, Iomega, who will be following the Boxee Box by D-Link with the Iomega [...]

48. Iomega bygger mediaspelare med Boxee och hårddisk…

Boxee meddelar att de slutit avtal med en ny hårdvarutillverkare; Iomega som har tagit fram en mediaspelare som använder sig av mjukvaran Boxee. Till skillnad mot D-Links Boxee Box har Iomegas alternativ en inbyggd hårddisk - något som en del…

49. [...] медиа контента. Однако Iomega решила пойти дальше и добавить Boxee в свою новинку - мультимедийный NAS Iomega TV. Этот NAS [...]

50. [...] will be by getting its software on lots and lots of devices. So here’s another one: A “Network Attached Storage” device — the equivalent a very big thumbdrive — from Iomega, which will retail for $229 and [...]

51. [...] original post here: Boxee Blog » Boxee partners with Iomega, NAS device running Boxee … Read more from Boxee are-happy, device-running, idea-behind, love-the-idea, nas, [...]

52. [...] Ronen / Boxee Blog:Boxee partners wіtһ Iomega, NAS device running Boxee іѕ coming  —  Wе аrе һарру tο announce [...]

53. [...] has announced its second hardware partner, Iomega, who will be following the Boxee Box by D-Link with the Iomega [...]

54. [...] Wi-Fi, composite and HDMI outputs and support for additional storage via USB.In its blog post announcing the new product, Boxee notes that the shared system-on-a-chip architecture between Iomega’s devices and the [...]

55. [...] Wi-Fi, composite and HDMI outputs and support for additional storage via USB.In its blog post announcing the new product, Boxee notes that the shared system-on-a-chip architecture between Iomega’s devices and the [...]

56. [...] [Boxee Blog] Categorized under Boxee, Iomega If you liked this post, subscribe to the Pulse 2.0 RSS feed. [...]

57. [...] on the promise to make its media center capabilities available through multiple partners, with the introduction of the Iomega TV with Boxee [...]

58. [...] partnered with Iomega to bring its excellent HTPC software to Iomega TV NAS. Iomega TV is powered by the [...]

59. [...] der Boxee Box allerdings zu hoch für das, was sie letztendlich leistete. Allerdings ist D-Link nicht der einzige Partner von Boxee, auch Iomega hat mit Iomega TV ein Media-Center ins Rennen geschickt. Vorteil: Integrierte [...]

60. [...] In a blog post, Boxee CEO Avner Ronen said the Iomega TV with Boxee will especially appeal to people whose data storage is running low because “it’s a perfect place to expand their collections while giving them wireless / wired access to their existing collection on a TV.” Consumers will be able to choose between discless, 1TB, and 2TB configurations, depending on how much storage they need. [...]

61. [...] already announced new device partners, Iomega which is building a Boxee-based NAS and ViewSonic which is building a Boxee-based HDTV, but these [...]

62. [...] In a blog post, Boxee CEO Avner Ronen said the Iomega TV with Boxee will especially appeal to people whose data storage is running low because “it’s a perfect place to expand their collections while giving them wireless / wired access to their existing collection on a TV.” Consumers will be able to choose between discless, 1TB, and 2TB configurations, depending on how much storage they need. [...]