Our Team Blog

Boxee goes Bollywood

We’ve all enjoyed Indian clips and music videos over the past few years, but when was the last time you watched a “Bollywood” movie that wasn’t directed by Danny Boyle? If you love the music, romance, drama, comedy or dancing inside of India’s huge film industry, check out Databazaar Media on Boxee.

Databazaar Media provides unlimited streaming of Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos in over six Indian languages such as Hindi, Bengali, English, Tamil, Marathi etc. for a flat monthly rate of $7.99. Not sure about subscribing? You can easily browse movies on the Databazaar website, and sign up for a one week trial absolutely free. Once you’ve signed in, run the Databazaar App on Boxee to bring the best Indian films to your TV whenever you want it.

Services like Databazaar continue to highlight the benefits of streaming entertainment - namely that filmmakers from the other side of the globe are able to deliver their movies to huge new markets quickly and easily. We’re happy to be working with Databazaar to support Indian filmmakers, and very excited to share all their great content with our users.

June 2, 2011 at 2:53 pm

17 Responses to “Boxee goes Bollywood”

1. Besse says:

I couldn't care less. When are you going to update the PC-version? You promised an blogpost about that several weeks ago.

2. HTPC_Former_fan says:

I stopped recommended people buy Boxee…

3. china gal says:

can we have one that does chinese and cantonese? how about it guys?? ^3^

4. Overlord says:

I gave up on Boxee PC version a long time ago. No updates and only

empty promises of an update. Just waiting for the AC RYAN Fluxx to come out

here in the Netherlands. Never again Boxee, never again.

5. Duped says:

And still no Hulu+?

6. Afvoser says:

Since I saw the app before this, I tried it (don't speak indian) and when i tried to leave it froze the machine so i had to unplug it! Perhaps the app needs a bit more polish.

Oh, and in general; all videos play without sound the first 2 seconds.

7. Ross says:

oh super duper

8. Sweet says:

Wow, this is why the PC version has not been updated yet. What's next? "The Knitting Channel". I'd rather stick a pencil in my neck.

9. Will says:

Indeed it locks up your BB when you close it.

Bug report: http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-10025

Note: Must be a early access user to view.

10. Holding out hope says:

Come on guys, you said you were going to release open source updates. You can't go back on your word.

11. BusinessMinded says:

Thinking here. If I were in business and had to make money to keep my job and my family, which would I focus on the product that is producing income or the one that is not. Thinking about contract obligations to D-Link and the manufacturers here as well. As a business minded person here I can understand why they haven't updated the open source. However, I don't see why they couldn't release the previous versions of the software that is on the Boxee Box. The only caviate to this would be having to remove any security in the software that pertains to Vudu, Netflix, and the future appearance of Hulu to prevent the circumvention of access to those services.

12. Amber Lee says:

No one shoot a music video better than Bollywood :)

I just launched a Gadget show and Boxee was featured in my second webisode.

Hey Boxee, watch my review on your Boxee app:

13. Aaron says:

You people do realise how many Indians/lovers of Bollywood there are in the world don't you - they're catering to a lot of people with this content. Not really my style, but I appreciate the effort, keep up the great work guys!

14. Boxee Steals Softwar says:

Boxee steals software and disrespects user freedom and license obligations:

15. Manned says:

I see the trolls are out in force, whining that there demands be met. Seriously go somewhere else if you think Boxee is so bad there are alternatives out there like QVIVO or Plex and so on.

16. teknix says:

I love how so many people say boxee sucks and they hate it but yet hang out at thier site all day posting comments. No one is forcing you to buy or use boxee! Please just use XBMC or something if you want updated free software for your PC or return your boxee box and buy something else.

I personally love my boxee and our family uses it everyday, so much so we got rid of our cable tv! I got one for my parents too and they also love it. Thank you for all the work you put into the boxee box!

17. Gold Party says:

The fight against drugs is really a scam…

[...]we have to stop bad marijuana laws and regulations[...]…