PDA

View Full Version : New Error... At least for me


maximusfacq
February 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone seen this one before? I haven't in almost a year of using Boxee, but, when I look over the logs from the past few builds, this has been coming up, A LOT.

Log Entry: 17:09:40 T:244675584 M: 3207168 ERROR: Exception caught on query. Error = 11, msg= database disk image is malformed

I've been using up those 35 MB log appenders like crazy. I believe this is what has been causing many performance-related issues that I have been seeing as well. Seems the longer I let Boxee run, the more degraded the performance gets. I've also been noticing the: frontrow/Library/Application Support/BOXEE/UserData/profiles/USERNAME_HERE/cache folder filling up and never dumping either.

I cleaned out the logs and the cache folder. Now, I'm gonna reboot and see if performance is affected. Will post again after I have tested my theory.

maximusfacq
February 14th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Confirmed: Purging the cache and the logs and doing a restart seems to have greatly improved my overall performance. I'll keep tracking this thing...

JimWiley
February 15th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Confirmed: Purging the cache and the logs and doing a restart seems to have greatly improved my overall performance. I'll keep tracking this thing...

Yes, it will be interesting if this was a one-time-only db corruption - something unique to you or whether this points to a deep bug in Boxee that will eventually lead to db corruption and performance issues for us all? Could be activity dependant i.e. you need to be using an App that streams a particular online service e.g. Hulu or could be Boxee dependant and happen across all content?

Jim

maximusfacq
February 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Well, as I have been having difficulty with streams in the last couple builds, I've really just been sticking to my local content except to try different online sources for the purposes of the Beta evaluation. Most online sources have been fairly choppy. Fox has been the smoothest for me thus far. I watched my processes last night and from startup, with Boxee running, overall CPU Utilization was 28-60% and overall RAM utilization fluctuated between 238MB and 253MB. Now, the ATV I have only has 256MB. So, I'd venture my issue is twofold: the errors in the log (constantly reading and writing (I/O Bound)) plus near 0 headroom on RAM.

After the great purge last night, I've got more errors:
TONS of these:
ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/BOXEE/UserData/profiles/******/cache/

TONS of these:
ERROR: ReadFeed - RSS Init failed, could not parse feed http://res.boxee.tv/title/movie/?h=6fc7ecb5ef70b5ce%3a706396094&name=Frank%20Herbert%27s%20Children%20of%20Dune%20 Part%202. Reason: (null), Row: -1 Col: -1

I also noticed that the scraper has been having issues recognizing files that it previously had no issue with... puzzling...

I'll keep investigating, analyzing, and reporting...

maximusfacq
February 15th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Also noticed this one, which miffed me a bit:

18:54:18 T:2684407808 M: 21209088 WARNING: CoreAudioRenderer::Initialize: Unable to locate configured device, falling-back to the system default.
18:54:18 T:2684407808 M: 21180416 INFO: CoreAudioRenderer::Initialize: Successfully configured audio output.
18:54:18 T:2684407808 M: 21192704 INFO: CoreAudioRenderer::Deinitialize: Renderer has been shut down.
18:54:18 T:2684407808 M: 21209088 WARNING: CoreAudioRenderer::Initialize: Unable to locate configured device, falling-back to the system default.
18:54:18 T:2684407808 M: 21180416 INFO: CoreAudioRenderer::Initialize: Successfully configured audio output.