Genre and Filter Menus are not built dynamically with the correct content

Details

• Severity:
    Critical
  • Version:
    1.0.2.16619
  • Operating System:
    Boxee Box
  • Number of attachments:

Description

Filter by Genre or for Local Movies and Shows Do Not Work
Using the Menu, pressing "Movie -> Files -> Genres" or "Shows -> Files -> Genres" don't do anything.

Were there supposed to be another menu below that showing all the genres similar to for online contents?

Issue Links

Activity

Hide
Ken added a comment - 09/Dec/10 5:27 PM
This appears to be fixed in 1.0.2.16619. Please close.
Show
Ken added a comment - 09/Dec/10 5:27 PM This appears to be fixed in 1.0.2.16619. Please close.
Hide
Jason M Page added a comment - 13/Dec/10 1:43 AM
Show
Jason M Page added a comment - 13/Dec/10 1:43 AM This is broke in 16619. At least when I test it. I get no results when I choose genre for local files. Was working in previous release.
Hide
Freddy Vorstenbosch added a comment - 13/Dec/10 5:22 PM - edited
I have chosen 'local content' as preferred content, with the new release.
Show
Freddy Vorstenbosch added a comment - 13/Dec/10 5:22 PM - edited I have chosen 'local content' as preferred content, with the new release. The Genre selection does work under 'movies' > 'files' > 'Genres', tried two genres. The Genre selection under 'movies', 'genres', ... give back online content instead of local content (as preferred)
Hide
Ken added a comment - 14/Dec/10 7:06 PM

Show
Ken added a comment - 14/Dec/10 7:06 PM Sorry, confirmed still broken in 16619. It was broken on 1.0.1.16489 but when I upgraded 1.0.2.16619 it worked. I recently deleted all my File Sources and re-added them again and the filter is broken again. IMPORTANT FINDING: After turning off the Boxee Box and turning it back on, the filter worked again.
Hide
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 20/Dec/10 10:59 AM
cannot reproduce using 1.0.3.16779
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 20/Dec/10 10:59 AM cannot reproduce using 1.0.3.16779
Hide
Ken added a comment - 20/Dec/10 11:34 PM
@rafael

Please try these steps:

1) factory reset
2) update to 1.0.2.16619
3) add sources and scan
4) check if filters work
5) upgrade to 1.0.3.16779
6) check if filters work
7) reset boxee box
8) check if filters work again
Show
Ken added a comment - 20/Dec/10 11:34 PM @rafael Please try these steps: 1) factory reset 2) update to 1.0.2.16619 3) add sources and scan 4) check if filters work 5) upgrade to 1.0.3.16779 6) check if filters work 7) reset boxee box 8) check if filters work again
Hide
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 21/Dec/10 10:24 AM
issue reproduced.
upgrades or box restarts are not a workaround for this issue.
issue assigned to R&D and working on a fix.
thanks for reporting.
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 21/Dec/10 10:24 AM issue reproduced. I have also encountered this issue today using 1.0.3.16779 and it apply to channels as well. upgrades or box restarts are not a workaround for this issue. these sub menus are dynamically created every time you open the menu. it involves information from boxee server and your local media database. issue assigned to R&D and working on a fix. thanks for reporting.
Hide
Haim Bondar [Boxee] added a comment - 11/Jan/11 8:56 AM
r17034.
Show
Haim Bondar [Boxee] added a comment - 11/Jan/11 8:56 AM r17034.
Hide
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 15/Feb/11 10:36 AM
verified 1.0.5.17457
Show
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 15/Feb/11 10:36 AM verified 1.0.5.17457
Hide
Will added a comment - 25/Aug/11 6:12 PM
BB needs to support both commas and / for genes.

Thus BB should support both separators as to not break current support.
Show
Will added a comment - 25/Aug/11 6:12 PM BB needs to support both commas and / for genes. / because that is what Ember Media Manager uses. And I'd bet 90% of BB users that use .nfo files are using Ember Media Manager. Thus BB should support both separators as to not break current support.

People