regression: watched \unwatched flag is missing and does not work

Details

• Labels:
  • Boxee Build Number:
    1.0.2.16619, 1.0.3.16996
  • Operating System:
    Boxee Box
  • Number of attachments:
  • Description:
    Hide
    * The Watched button is missing in the Action dialog .
    * The Shows menu is missing the Unwatched filter.

User's comments:

Users are experiencing several behaviours:
    Show
    * The Watched button is missing in the Action dialog . * The Shows menu is missing the Unwatched filter. User's comments: * It was supposed to bring manually toogle to mark as watched/unwatched of TV episodes and filtering unwatched shows only. See Avner's post here, including a thumbnail of the function that wasn't included after all: http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=23603 . * The new update doesn't seem to respect the flag for watched episodes anymore. In this case it was actually was a step down from the last update. Explanation below. Users are experiencing several behaviours: * In my case, updating the box totally messed up the watched episodes that i had because now all episode appear as unwatched.  I can no longer tell which was the last episode from a TV Shows that I watched because all episodes now are marked as unwatched.It seems some users are experiencing similar behaviours and some are actually saying that watching for example episode 20 from a show will automatically mark as watched all the other episodes before that one (episode 1-19). My box is not having this behaviour however, mine is actually not marking any episode at all as watched like before.

Issue Links

Activity

Hide
Samukas added a comment - 13/Dec/10 11:20 AM
Show
Samukas added a comment - 13/Dec/10 11:20 AM Grrr! You should be able to edit your own issues, by mistake I pressed enter before my issue was done, I'll be adding a new commentary below with the correct thing.
Hide
Samukas added a comment - 13/Dec/10 11:40 AM
Two issues with the last update:

Show
Samukas added a comment - 13/Dec/10 11:40 AM Two issues with the last update: 1) It was supposed to bring manually toogle to mark as watched/unwatched of TV episodes and filtering unwatched shows only. See Avner's post here, including a thumbnail of the function that wasn't included after all: http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=23603 . 2) The new update doesn't seem to respect the flag for watched episodes anymore. In this case it was actually was a step down from the last update. Users are experiencing several behaviours: 2.1) In my case, after the update the box totally messed up the watched flags that already existed in my episodes. Now all the episodes that I watched appear as unwatched. So it seems to be ignoring the old flags from last firmware. Also, if I watch an episode it doesn't seem to mark that episode as watched anymore. 2.2) Other users have reported this: If you play an episode that you haven't played before (for exemple episode 20), that episode gets marked has watched and the episodes below that one too (1-19). Problem is when you play one of those older episodes (for example episode 15). Then it resets all the flags, and the episodes 16-20 that were already marked as watched, now appear as unwatched.
Hide
Darien Roberts added a comment - 31/Dec/10 11:56 PM
Show
Darien Roberts added a comment - 31/Dec/10 11:56 PM None of my TV shows are marked as watched and I don't have an option to manually mark them. They used to get marked before the recent update. Also, it would be nice if files viewed over your network shares were marked as viewed as well.
Hide
Samukas added a comment - 11/Jan/11 11:37 AM
Show
Samukas added a comment - 11/Jan/11 11:37 AM Finally on SP3 RC the episodes marked as watched are back again with dimmed color text. However, the "mark as watched/unwatched" button and the ability to filter out watched shows isn't there yet.
Hide
erez added a comment - 14/Jan/11 7:20 PM
Show
erez added a comment - 14/Jan/11 7:20 PM the watch/unwatched was fixed but the manual update of the state apply only for movies at the moment (since only movie has the unwatched filter).
Hide
Ivan Fernández added a comment - 15/Jan/11 1:21 PM
Show
Ivan Fernández added a comment - 15/Jan/11 1:21 PM So, this is not actually fixed. If I understand correctly, there is still no way to manually mark shows watched/unwatched (which is exponentially more useful than being able to mark movies in the same way).
Hide
rafael added a comment - 18/Jan/11 10:32 AM
this issue is fixed in 1.0.3.17064
The TV Shows Watched/UnWatched button issue is BOXEE-7909 and scheduled for SP4
Show
rafael added a comment - 18/Jan/11 10:32 AM this issue is fixed in 1.0.3.17064 The TV Shows Watched/UnWatched button issue is BOXEE-7909 and scheduled for SP4

People