Error downloading app due to failure resolving host appdl.boxee.tv

Details

• Version:
    1.0.4.17443
  • Operating System:
    Boxee Box
  • Number of attachments:

Description

I cannot download any apps. I get an error downloading app message. I could download vudu and netflix but nothing else(ustream, weather, mediafly, twittv, pandora, cnet). I aslo could not set them as a favorite(cant add to box message). I am on my second boxee box and still get this same error.

Issue Links

Activity

Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 07/Mar/11 2:14 AM
Please attach a Debug log to this issue.
Settings > System > Debug > Debug Level = Debug
more information at
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 07/Mar/11 2:14 AM Please attach a Debug log to this issue. Settings > System > Debug > Debug Level = Debug ReStart Boxee, and after reproducing the problem, get the log and attach it to this issue. Boxee Box log may be found at http://Your_boxee_box_IP:8080/ click on the "Get latest " link. more information at http://support.boxee.tv/entries/329278-i-ve-been-asked-by-boxee-support-to-send-debug-logs-how-do-i-do-that http://support.boxee.tv/entries/43963-i-ve-been-asked-by-boxee-support-to-send-debug-logs-how-do-i-do-that DEBUG log slows down the performance. so afterward, switch the log level back to NONE
bert fentress added a comment - 07/Mar/11 6:22 PM - edited
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 07/Mar/11 6:22 PM - edited Boxee booted up. First thing i did was try to download weather app to change it to my area. Got the error downloading app
bert fentress added a comment - 07/Mar/11 6:27 PM
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 07/Mar/11 6:27 PM I went into my apps none there. Went into apps/video and clicked netflix. Got error downloading app and "App Box could not add Netflix"
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 08/Mar/11 7:41 AM
I see in your log :
Resolving host timed out: appdl.boxee.tv
seems like your internet connection fails to find appdl.boxee.tv
do you have another computer in this network? if yes, please run the command:
nslookup appdl.boxee.tv
and post the command response here.
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 08/Mar/11 7:41 AM I see in your log : Resolving host timed out: appdl.boxee.tv seems like your internet connection fails to find appdl.boxee.tv do you have another computer in this network? if yes, please run the command: nslookup appdl.boxee.tv and post the command response here.
bert fentress added a comment - 08/Mar/11 2:42 PM
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 08/Mar/11 2:42 PM I booted up the boxee box to run the command prompt and got "boxee cant connect to the internet". Attached it a log.
bert fentress added a comment - 08/Mar/11 2:48 PM
What I got when I ran the command prompt you wanted me to run.
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 08/Mar/11 2:48 PM What I got when I ran the command prompt you wanted me to run.
bert fentress added a comment - 08/Mar/11 3:17 PM
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 08/Mar/11 3:17 PM I also wanted to tell you the ip 192.168.1.5 is on my linksys e3000 router as a static DNS. I dont know or remember why but Ido have my xbox360 hooked up to the same router with the ports 88, 3074, 53 and 80. All are TCP/UDP. Attached is a file.
bert fentress added a comment - 09/Mar/11 10:14 PM
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 09/Mar/11 10:14 PM I booted up my boxee tonight and got "cant log on" again. I also couldnt download any apps as usual. I have submitted another log
bert fentress added a comment - 12/Mar/11 5:53 PM
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 12/Mar/11 5:53 PM It's been a couple of days and I haven't heard back regarding any of my other logs or screenshots
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 5:12 AM
this is why you cannot download applications.
This seems like a problem on your DNS server (with the IP address 192.168.1.5)
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 5:12 AM bert, looking at your nslookup, it is clearly that for some reason you cannot reach appdl.boxee.tv this is why you cannot download applications. This seems like a problem on your DNS server (with the IP address 192.168.1.5)
bert fentress added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:01 AM
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:01 AM Thanks. So how do I fix it? Do I uncheck the enable box and check disable then reboot my router? Thanks again
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:09 AM
or "teach" this DNS to resolve appdl.boxee.tv
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:09 AM You have to ask yourself why do you have a static DNS defined and if you do not need it, remove it. or "teach" this DNS to resolve appdl.boxee.tv
bert fentress added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:19 AM
Can you tell me how to do that?
Show
bert fentress added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:19 AM Can you tell me how to do that?
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:34 AM
sorry bert, I do not know how and I cannot help you configure your router.
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 9:34 AM sorry bert, I do not know how and I cannot help you configure your router.
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 10:35 AM
issue closed as won't fix.
network router not properly configured to reach appdl.boxee.tv
Show
Rafael Mizrahi [Boxee] added a comment - 13/Mar/11 10:35 AM issue closed as won't fix. network router not properly configured to reach appdl.boxee.tv

People