Regression: volume downmix still lower on AC3 5.1 surround tracks compared to stereo, DTS, AAC sources

Details

• Severity:
    Major
  • Version:
    1.1.1.19092
  • Operating System:
    Boxee Box
  • Number of attachments:

Description

Volume of audio is still much lower with AC3 5.1 surround track compared to stereo, DTS, and AAC sources.

This issue was working fine on 1.0.3.17064.

Please see comments in http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-8327

Either reopen that previously closed ticket or continue with this new ticket.

TV: TCL LCD
Input: HDMI
Output: Stereo

Issue Links

Activity

Colby Glass added a comment - 18/May/11 8:40 PM
Voted. Still experiencing this issue.
Show
Colby Glass added a comment - 18/May/11 8:40 PM Voted. Still experiencing this issue.
david yevin added a comment - 18/May/11 9:26 PM
boxee box going hdmi direct to tv.
Show
david yevin added a comment - 18/May/11 9:26 PM same here. volume needs to be double on my tv compared to what i have it set at for all other audio types/tracks. boxee box going hdmi direct to tv.
Daniel Gordon added a comment - 18/May/11 10:21 PM
Show
Daniel Gordon added a comment - 18/May/11 10:21 PM With all my volumes at max, it still isn't loud enough to enjoy a movie with AC3 audio.
Kaes Kniestedt added a comment - 19/May/11 4:34 AM
Show
Kaes Kniestedt added a comment - 19/May/11 4:34 AM Boxee Box direct to tv via HDMI. Have to turn my TV up to 80 to hear anything at all. It is rather annoying to have to convert literally everything I download to AAC when this box is supposed to play everything. Thank you for your time.
dave phair added a comment - 19/May/11 4:37 AM

Show
dave phair added a comment - 19/May/11 4:37 AM Same problem here. only had to product a week and it's a big let down, please please can you sort this out.
Michael Rose added a comment - 19/May/11 8:21 AM
Ami- believe this is identical to -9433, which has jira-early access security.
Show
Michael Rose added a comment - 19/May/11 8:21 AM Ami- believe this is identical to -9433, which has jira-early access security. http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-9433
Maarten added a comment - 19/May/11 9:51 AM
having this problem too!
Show
Maarten added a comment - 19/May/11 9:51 AM having this problem too!
Sebastiaan van den Akker added a comment - 19/May/11 6:07 PM

Show
Sebastiaan van den Akker added a comment - 19/May/11 6:07 PM I opened the original ticket back in the 1.0.4, in the mean time Boxee hasn't fixed the issue... I've patiently waited 3 months and not complained and waited for them to fix it with 1.1 update , but they still haven't. Shame, and arrogant really 2 if boxee expects everyone to be using a 5.1 system, because those users are not ignored. (besides for the now 5.1 signal sent thru as stereo, check the forum) Below is a link to the orignal issue... http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-8327 Maybe time to send a follow up mail to Marcel again, its what (seemed) to of helped last time. At least they reopened the old ticket and claimed to of looked at it. For the record, using a 2.0 stereo amplifier hooked up to d/a converter from my tv, as it only has digital sound out. I also used the analogue phono plugs on the boxee, and exactly the same thing occurs. So, its not related to my setup.
barrasolen added a comment - 20/May/11 12:42 AM
Still experiencing issue as well.
Show
barrasolen added a comment - 20/May/11 12:42 AM Still experiencing issue as well.
Jan Rex added a comment - 02/Jun/11 1:04 AM
Show
Jan Rex added a comment - 02/Jun/11 1:04 AM Any luck with emailing the Marcel directly? There's still no one assigned to this issue...
Sebastiaan van den Akker added a comment - 02/Jun/11 11:27 AM
Show
Sebastiaan van den Akker added a comment - 02/Jun/11 11:27 AM @Jan. Sorry mate, I kinda forgot to mail Marcel on this issue.. Was forced to upgrade to 1.1.1 last week and it was a world of pain.. After resuming a file from a Nas device, boxxee would freeze the picture and only the sound would resume.. Kinda turned into an expensive paper weight for me.. I'm doing a bug report for that bug right now, but I'll just have to mail Marcel about both these issues..
Jan Rex added a comment - 02/Jun/11 9:45 PM

Show
Jan Rex added a comment - 02/Jun/11 9:45 PM @Sebastion. No worries. I've locked my boxee down to 1.0.3.17064 (see forums on how to prevent boxee from auto updating). @eli, thanks for taking the ticket, please ensure you do a compare with 1.0.3.17064 as this was the last known version, for me at least, that had acceptable AC3 downmix volume.
Jeremy Birch added a comment - 03/Jun/11 7:32 AM
Sounds like the Boxee team needs a DB Meter as part of their testing cycle.

Show
Jeremy Birch added a comment - 03/Jun/11 7:32 AM Sounds like the Boxee team needs a DB Meter as part of their testing cycle. http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Audio-CM140-CheckMate-Decibel/dp/B0007XH9PY
Sebastiaan van den Akker added a comment - 03/Jun/11 9:18 AM

Show
Sebastiaan van den Akker added a comment - 03/Jun/11 9:18 AM @Jan This is the issue I'm also having, along with this issue.. It probably not related to each other since in 1.0.4 it never occured, but the sound issue was still a problem back then. But for completeness sake, i added it anyway.. http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-10047
Eli Semory [Boxee] added a comment - 09/Jun/11 6:38 AM
deuplicated BOXEE-9433
Eli Semory [Boxee] added a comment - 09/Jun/11 6:38 AM deuplicated BOXEE-9433
Jan Rex added a comment - 10/Jun/11 9:14 AM
eli, can we get access to see BOXEE-9433?

Show
Jan Rex added a comment - 10/Jun/11 9:14 AM eli, can we get access to see BOXEE-9433? This bug might be reported by someone else again if they cannot see any open/working issues.
Eli Semory [Boxee] added a comment - 12/Jun/11 3:09 AM
BOXEE-9433 is now open to everyone
Show
Eli Semory [Boxee] added a comment - 12/Jun/11 3:09 AM BOXEE-9433 is now open to everyone

People