Boxee Box fails to connect to Synology SMB shares after 1.1 update

• Version:
    1.1.1.19092
  • Operating System:
    Boxee Box
  • Number of attachments:

Description

After I upgraded to the 1.1 on Saturday, my boxee box played back media from my smb shares without a problem then when i shut it down for the night and restarted it in the morning, it couldn't connect to any of them.

when trying to connect to media, it says the file cannot be accessed. When I tried removing the shares and reading them, I get a message that the connection has been refused or has timed out. I can add one of my shares if I connect via the smb server's IP address but that isn't a permanent situation either.

My only workaround is to do a factory reset, upgrade, then re-add and index all my shares. With the indexing of my music files the process takes a couple of hours and works until I shut down my boxee box long enough for my NAS to go to sleep. Then I have to start all over.

I bought my boxee so I could view my networked files on my tv so for all intents and purposes, it may as well be bricked.

Activity

Hide
Ziv Rozenfeld added a comment - 21/May/11 11:16 AM
Show
Ziv Rozenfeld added a comment - 21/May/11 11:16 AM Im using Synology DS1511+ with SMB shares after 1.1 upgrade without encountering this issue.
Hide
Bobo Krull added a comment - 21/May/11 2:10 PM
No problem with DS1010+ aswell
Show
Bobo Krull added a comment - 21/May/11 2:10 PM No problem with DS1010+ aswell
Hide
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 22/May/11 4:32 AM
Using DS411j and no issues with 1.1.1.19092
Show
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 22/May/11 4:32 AM Using DS411j and no issues with 1.1.1.19092
Hide
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 22/May/11 4:34 AM
Charles, try to reboot the NAS and than the boxeebox.
Show
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 22/May/11 4:34 AM Charles, try to reboot the NAS and than the boxeebox.
Hide
Charles Bell added a comment - 23/May/11 3:32 PM

Show
Charles Bell added a comment - 23/May/11 3:32 PM I tried the reboot and that seemed to fix things temporarily. Once I stopped viewing content from my SMB shares for a few hours, my box stopped being able to reconnect. Restarting my NAS then restarting my boxee box the second time didn't fix it though. I think doing a cold boot of my NAS every time I want to use it with boxee might be my only workaround. Also, I have my boxee connected to my network via 802.11n instead of ethernet. Are any of the users who are not experience this issue connected the same way. Up until the 1.1 upgrade my NAS has been rock solid and I haven't had so much as a hint of trouble getting my boxee to connect to it's smb shares. I also don't have any issues connecting to those same shares from my MacBook(OS 10.6.7). Is it possible to downgrade to the last version before 1.1 without being forced to update?
Hide
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 24/May/11 5:29 AM
Thanks for the update,
Charles, please follow these steps:
Please attach a Debug log to this issue.
Settings > System > Debug > Debug Level = Debug
more information at
Show
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 24/May/11 5:29 AM Thanks for the update, Charles, please follow these steps: Please attach a Debug log to this issue. Settings > System > Debug > Debug Level = Debug ReStart Boxee, and after experiencing the problem, close Boxee and attach your log file to the bug. DEBUG log slows down the performance. so afterward, switch the log level back to NONE Boxee Box log may be found at *http://boxeebox:8080/ under 'Boxee Logs', click on the "Get latest " link. (*boxeebox =ip address of the box) more information at http://support.boxee.tv/entries/329278-i-ve-been-asked-by-boxee-support-to-send-debug-logs-how-do-i-do-that
Hide
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 14/Jun/11 5:53 AM
@Charles, can you please confirm this issue is reproduced on 1.1.1.19092?
Show
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 14/Jun/11 5:53 AM @Charles, can you please confirm this issue is reproduced on 1.1.1.19092?
Hide
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 23/Jun/11 4:17 AM
closed as incomplete.
no response from the reporter.
Show
Ami Ben-David [Boxee] added a comment - 23/Jun/11 4:17 AM closed as incomplete. no response from the reporter.

People