Knowledge Base/General/Announcements

New firmware available 1.1.1.19092

help desk
posted this on May-12 10:43 am

Boxee Box Grows Into a Size 1.1

**UPDATE** MAY 18 – Boxee version 1.1.1.19092 is now available and rolling out starting today (May 18) through the weekend. This version contains volume control as a setting, and fixes to the way we were processing sound.

So it might only be a few decimal points difference from the current 1.0.4 release, but this version of the Boxee Box by D-Link has quite a few new things under the hood.  We’ll be rolling this version out over the next few days to all Boxee Boxes, but if you can’t wait you can find instructions on manually updating your Boxee Box on our forums.

Here’s what we’ve got for you in our fifth update to the Boxee Box:

1) Browser Upgrades

Favorites (Bookmarks) & History – Now you can easily get back to pages you’ve just   (read more...)

Comments latest first

Sondra Presho
boxee

Whoops,... didn't read that part until you mentioned it.. got a little excited and wanted to help others :(

For those who are having the same issues please contact customer support.

Jun-26 2011 08:09 pm.
User photo
Tony Pacheco
boxee
Weren't we supposed to keep this to ourselves? This isn't an official release. Or is it?
Jun-26 2011 06:08 pm.
Sondra Presho
boxee

BTW if you go into the forums there's a sticky on the top for this issue

Jun-26 2011 05:57 pm.
Sondra Presho

My issue is fixed thanks to Marcel from Boxee:

Hi Guys

Please test this RC version which should fix your HDMI >DVI ,please keep this firmware to yourselves and tell me if this has solve the issue you had .

Installing

The new version may be downloaded here. Follow these instructions to install.

After the cube animation has ended wait a minute or so until you can hear the navigation sounds and then from the Boxee remote please select "Up,Right,Down,Left,Up,Right,Down,Left" from the Dpad side and wait for Boxee to reboot.

Reporting Issues

Please file your issues with with me at marcel@boxee.tv .

Thanks,

Marcel

Jun-26 2011 05:56 pm.
User photo
Tony Pacheco
boxee
Everyone: they're working on a fix and based on the responses I got, I think it will be out soon. Did you guys submit trouble tickets? You're more likely to get a productive response than from this forum.
Jun-26 2011 01:39 pm.
Hector Pinera
boxee

This totally sucks. Not buying a new TV, because of this. Sorry but Boxee is going back to Amazon.

Jun-26 2011 01:14 pm.
Sabra Hook
boxee

I am seeing the same issue with HDMI to DVI.  This is VERY DISCOURAGING as I have had to go backwards to the original settings!  Please fix now!

Jun-26 2011 09:31 am.
MARTIN COTE
boxee

I'm getting the same issue too: After the latest update, the Boxee splash animation goes on, then blank screen. Tried to reset to factory default, but then, it leaves us no choice then automaticaly update the device! We are stuck with an unusable machine! Please post the previous version so that we can continue using our Boxee with a working version!  I'm using a hdmi to dvi converter, it was working fine before.

Jun-25 2011 11:54 am.
Chuck Dickson
boxee

I just bought my boxee 5 days ago.. and have had constant problems of the APPs disappearing.. sometimes when I try to go for Netflix or Youtube the APPs are there.. sometimes not..  More often the APPs are NOT there..   Had to reboot after a freeze and they disappeared. I've spent several hours online with Cust Service for Boxee and they've done firmware upgrades, reboots, debug, send debug logs.. still no luck so I've rreturned the first box and got a second from the retailer.. I'll try this one and see if I have any luck that way.. Sounded like such a great idea when I bought it.. not so sure now..

Jun-24 2011 06:02 pm.
User photo
Tony Pacheco
boxee
*when I tried to reset all settings
Jun-23 2011 09:59 pm.
User photo
Tony Pacheco
boxee
Doesn't matter. Restoring only results in being forced to update. When I tried to reset with the update applied, the issue was still there. Support acknowledges this issue and is working on a fix.
Jun-23 2011 09:59 pm.
Sondra Presho
boxee

I tried that.. Can you walk me through it again just in case I missed something :\

Jun-23 2011 09:55 pm.
Duc Nguyen
boxee

Guys just do a hard reset and then choose RESET ALL SETTINGS and it will restart from the beginning.  I had the exact same problems as you had with HDMI and was about to throw the box out the window.

Jun-23 2011 09:52 pm.
User photo
Tony Pacheco
boxee

Yes, I have the HDMI to DVI setup. Hopefully, they'll fix this soon. I'm dead in the water now :(

Jun-23 2011 04:39 pm.
Sondra Presho
boxee

I downloaded the update via the boxee. After I installed the update it went through the first part of loading where you see the logo and then you see the boxes drop with the music. When it goes to the home screen its all fuzzy and I can't read or see anything. So I thought maybe I'd try the update via usb so first I reset the box to factory settings and then updated the box via usb. Still the same results. I emailed support and they asked me if I had a DVI to HDMI connector, I said yes. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the connector not being able to read the signal with a combo of the new update that screwing it all up? Anyone else have the same problem? So no boxee until they fix the issue. Sigh.. I turned off my cable so I could use this box as a replacement. Now I have no tv.. dvd's for now I guess.

Jun-23 2011 02:09 pm.
Duc Nguyen
boxee

I too had problems when I updated the firmware and all I got was a black screen after the "login".  I followed instructions on here - download the firmware on USB (check), hard reset the box (heck), install the downloaded firmware (check).  Reboot (check).  Still had the black screen.

I then hard reset again and this time I did the reset all settings option and voila... It's as if I did a factory reset and now everything is working again though I had to redo all my settings including wifi settings etc.

Jun-22 2011 10:44 pm.
Leif Lende
Jun-22 2011 07:58 am.
alex walsh
boxee

Since the download on my boxee box, I can't:

1. power off using the onscreen command (it hangs)
  2. switch users (it hangs)
Should I be looking at reinstalling the firmware and if so, can someone point me at guide on how to do it?
Cheers
Jun-20 2011 10:41 am.
Hermano Moore
boxee

I agree, this version is crap! Sorry guys but step up and fix it.  My recommend you roll back the new firmware (until you get a grip) and do an auto download to replace is with the old. If you wait until the next upgrade to fix all of the issues your going to have angry birds aloft!

Jun-19 2011 03:49 pm.
Rouel Jones
boxee

I am having the issue with the movies freezing then I get the circle, then the movie goes off all together is there a way I can roll back to the older version!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Jun-17 2011 06:17 am.
Jackmaggie P
boxee

This is just a "VENT", where is the HELP???

Jun-13 2011 06:00 pm.
Lars Haugseth
boxee

I have the same problem that Russ Charles mentioned below - during boot the Boxee Box just goes in a loop between the logo and the login spinner, and after a minute or so the screen goes black and the system is totally unresponsive. I have filed a support request about this, but won't be holding my breath.

Bottom line - my box is now bricked, and if this isn't resolved in a few days it's going back to the shop.

Jun-10 2011 12:59 pm.
Pj&Githa;
boxee

I am so tired of the constant freezing, thumbnails not loading, online content taking forever, internet disappearing, rewind and forward not working, and so so many things. I was a big proponent of boxee box, I tell people about it all the time. But more time I spend with this box, the more I hate it. Hey I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt, D-link is a big company and they didnt give you guys the best hardware, the software is not that old so it will have teething issues, you are a small team of people. But this is getting too much. Use that $6Million you guys just got (for a company that doesnt make profit this is pretty good) to build a better box and the most important part of a good box is stability, shit should work.

Jun-09 2011 10:21 pm.
pga pga
boxee

I just buy Boxee Box and repository does not work, there are error when loading apps. With PC version repository apps is working fine

Jun-08 2011 09:27 pm.
Russ Charles
boxee

This is ridiculous.  After the update, my Boxee continually cycles between the Boxee logo and the "Logging In" screen, accomplishing absolutely nothing.  I have tried a factory restore, as well as upgrading from USB, both of which failed.  Now I have a nice boat anchor.  Maybe the next update will be tested before released.

Come on guys, is it really this hard to release a stable version?

May-31 2011 09:56 pm.
Jay Marston
boxee

What the hell?! I'm forced to upgrade...and my remote stops working. Reboot...still not working. Turn off, unplug, wait a while, restart...still not working. Do a full factory reset, forced to update, then remote works again, everything seems ok, put in all the password crap for apps and everything all over again (including confirming Pandora code on their web site blah, blah, blah), listen to Pandora for a little while. Go to work, come back home and turn on TV...Boxee is frozen. Restart, select "TV"....locks up. Restart....remote not working.

Are you guys serious?! You should work for Disney because this is some Mickey Mouse sh** right here. My box is effectively dead, I've wasted hours messing around with it, the support pages have no solutions that I can find. This is BS.

May-24 2011 04:55 pm.
Erik
boxee

I'm experiencing massive stability problems with the new update (on Boxee Box). The system freezes on a regular basis - during playback, in the screensaver mode, even in the main menu when not being used for a few hours.

MASSIVE FRUSTRATION!

May-24 2011 11:28 am.
Albert Mueller
boxee

Stuttering playback from HDD(!) in video, on streaming in audio - never had ANY problems like these in the old firmware. Can I downgrade the firmware somehow?!

May-24 2011 02:32 am.
Christer Brolin
boxee

Thanks for the update, have missed ui in Swedish.

May-23 2011 03:24 pm.
Yalmer De Orbe
boxee

Does anybody know when Logitech Revue is coming to Canada ?

May-23 2011 02:01 pm.
Yalmer De Orbe
boxee

Last May 20 I got a message to update system, after this I was not able to connect to internet, I had to reset to factory settings and now I am getting this message....wireless network was connected, but boxee box can not connect to the internet.

May-23 2011 01:38 pm.
Yalmer De Orbe
boxee

After this update, my boxee box can not connect to the internet....

May-23 2011 01:35 pm.
Sybren Richardson
boxee

Why are you guys working on stupid stuf on one cares about. Who needs a fast browser? In use my boxee as a media player!!!!!!! when i wanna go on the internet i use my pc.

There is really no inprovement in this new upgrage!!!!! You guys at Boxee really suck!!! The best firmawe till now was 0.9 end niw if i want to restore my boxee to factory settings it aotomaticly upgrades to this @%*&^^ firmware!!!

You all suck!!!!

May-22 2011 12:30 pm.
sarah avayou
boxee

After updating the UI is extremely sluggish for me, and video playback [for a 300-400mb file] from a local resource takes more than 5 minutes of a spinning loading icon to begin playing.  Epic disappointment.

May-22 2011 11:44 am.
Arne Strand
boxee

There is an on/off settings for soundcontrol under settings for those who wonders why they cant control their sound level, other than that i had some expectations on this firmware, really, is this the best you can do? after 3 months of waiting, this firmware could have been released 1 day after the january firmware release, what a joke. are you guys clapping one and others shoulders thinking youre a great team, you all sucks. hire some foks who know how to program, funny enough mostly in this release was for the worse except for movie trailer, but sadly enough not from apple movie trailers, why am i not suprised. time to find another media player that has a team of programmers that knows how to fix some improvments rather the other way around.

May-21 2011 01:10 pm.
Ido Markovitz
boxee

also i cant control the volume from the remote!!!!

May-21 2011 06:57 am.
Ido Markovitz
boxee

Did you unable the subtitle search online???????

Many new bags!

May-21 2011 06:23 am.
Dave Raj
boxee

Boxee shuld have done better job, on this newer version which was released today!  I hate my Boxee Box, after I upgraded this evening!  Here are some bugs, I came across... Freezes frequently / Slow UI / Wi-Fi connection drops often / Apps couldn't be accessed at times / Local resources not accessible often / etc.  It's disappointing!!!

May-20 2011 11:27 pm.
Philp Morris
boxee

Hard resets didn't make any difference.  Just got the latest update today and things are a bit better.  I don't get reboots during video playback, but while idle the box reboots as often as every 30 seconds.  Could there be something external causing it to want to reboot?

May-19 2011 10:26 pm.
oliverstahmer
boxee

after Hardware Reset + Update all was fine again with my Sound (and in German ;-)

May-18 2011 06:38 pm.
oliverstahmer
boxee

After Update i had only Dolby Digital on Optical DTS was gone, only  a bad noise appears

May-18 2011 06:47 am.
MIke L
boxee

Why is this not visible from the boxee box yet as an update?

May-17 2011 08:37 am.
Ira Heinichen
boxee

will this work for a windows system?

May-15 2011 03:39 pm.
Jesper Abrahamsen
boxee

Is it better not to upgrade ?

May-15 2011 06:32 am.
Jesper Abrahamsen
boxee

My boxee box can't see the new 1.1.0 relese. It tell's me I hve the most recent release (1.0.4)

May-15 2011 06:28 am.
Aaron Puritz
boxee

I'm happy with the new update, but Up/Down no longer controls the volume for me.

I'm running audio through HDMI and I can hear my sound, but local files, streams, web video... there's no way to control the volume. Except in web video I can mouse to the audio icon and raise it that way.

In the previous version, up/down on the jog dial would control the volume. Seems like a hard feature to miss. Is there another way to adjust volume that I'm not aware of?

May-14 2011 12:57 pm.
Matt Stone
boxee

has anyone else had issues with not being able to adjust sound for the optical output with this latest update?

May-13 2011 08:51 am.
Paul Garofalo
boxee

Still on old version and really no issues. Added my repositories and loving this box! No new update available as of yesterday. Favorites and better browser options is a pleasure to have.

Thanks Guys and Gals

May-13 2011 07:14 am.
Souk Navasak
boxee

So I just did an automatic update and in the process of updating the screen just turn red. I'd tried rebooting and factory reset but nothing helps. Can anybody help me please.

May-13 2011 03:16 am.
Anders Hansen

Phillip Morris: Just do a hard reset

May-13 2011 01:22 am.
Anders Hansen
boxee

Sad to see that there´s still no automatic playback on video files(automatic play next file)

Also there´s stil no other "download cover manually" option. You now: I would like to see that one could go online and google the cover you like and add it manually.

And why is "music" still missing on the homescreen/startscreen like on the pc/mac version?

You have to do better than this Boxee.....

May-13 2011 01:19 am.
P Henry
boxee

After updating firmware I don't have sound on many of my files. I keep getting the message " failed to initiate audio device"   Everything worked well before the update.  And my audio devices all work 100%.   Fix this please

May-13 2011 12:50 am.
Philp Morris
boxee

Any way to roll back to the version I had two versions ago?  This is almost completely useless.  It reboots randomly every 1-10 minutes even while watching a movie.  At least the last version only rebooted randomly while navigating.

May-12 2011 10:51 pm.