Knowledge Base/Boxee PC Software/Using Boxee

The Movie Library

Boxee Help
posted this on Aug-26 2010 10:59 am

Please see the Boxee Team Blog for announcement information on this exciting 'new' feature for Boxee!

Boxee now includes a "Movie Library" option in the sidebar that provides access to a huge global catalogue of streaming movies from:

MUBI* Indie Movies Online OpenFilm EZTakes YouTube Hulu

* To access MUBI on Boxee, you’ll need to pair your account first. To add more credit to your account go to the Mubi website.

1. From the Home Screen, click on Movies.
  2. Using the left/slide menu, select Movie Library.

3. Select any movie, for example Home.
  4. Select the source(if more than one source is available) you would like to want to watch the movie from.

5. And Enjoy!

Don't see the movie you want in the "top 200"? Try the search function also in the left/slide menu:

Comments latest first

Torsten Heinberg

I activated my Mubi account on my pc. With Boxee it doesn´t work

Mar-26 2011 05:17 pm.
Cyril Goudreau
boxee
I got the Boxee a few weeks ago. I cant wait to get high speed in this neck of the wood to realy test this thing. I will get rid of the cable.
Jan-05 2011 08:51 pm.
Cyril Goudreau
Jan-05 2011 08:37 pm.
Inti Martinez
boxee

my MUBI account is already paired but i dont see it on the movie providers list.

Please help...

Oct-17 2010 01:13 pm.
jean lapierre
boxee

I live in montreal and I have set my location.

In the movie library every movie that is located on indymovie returns a NOT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REGION.

But when I use a browser and visit indymovie; I have no problem seeing the same movie! What am I doing wrong?

Oct-10 2010 12:06 pm.
Constantino Lamano
boxee

Useless in Canada. Not even Netflix, and Netflix is available in Canada.

Sep-22 2010 04:28 pm.
alexa alba
boxee

i want to serch the movie 500 days of summer how can I find it????????

Sep-20 2010 09:47 pm.
Paul Howie
boxee

When is decent (any) content going to be available in Australia?

Sep-16 2010 07:14 am.
Pavan Bhatia
boxee

Nothing to watch in Australia too?

Sep-15 2010 01:17 pm.
Swinder Hawkins
boxee

Seems that, as usual, we Canadians are targeted with the hype and advertising, but when we subscribe, nothing is available for us to watch: I will be deactivating my account.

Sep-15 2010 01:01 pm.
shawn loescher
boxee

This is a great new feature.  Keep up the good work.

Sep-03 2010 07:23 pm.
Stanley Sokolow
boxee

The new Movie Library feature in release 0.9.22 has bugs.   Expect some difficulties.  For example, when a Hulu-sourced movie says to press any key for full screen, that's wrong.   Press the Return key, or nothing works, not even the right-click on the mouse.  In some movies, you need to use the keyboard to navigate (for example, press the C key to bring up the multi-media control panel, X key to exit instead of right-click, left-arrow to go to full screen, etc.).    The keys are not explained in a help screen.

Aug-29 2010 10:40 am.