Knowledge Base/Boxee PC Software/DIY Boxee - Questions & Answers

Answered

No Audio on Videos

Scott Beard
asked this on Dec-03 2010 09:46 pm

I am unable to get any videos to play audio. Everything else seems to work fine other than that. The Boxee menu sounds work fine, but when a video starts playing, i get video only. I am able to close boxee and open the file and the audio works great. Any help? I am running this on Windows 7 x32.

Comments latest first

Jeff Huckaby
boxee

some movies are fine, everything on line is fine, but most of my movies, mainly ones in mkv. are all static like something is not connected

Mar-30 2011 06:13 pm.
Dave Polcino
boxee

Since Boxee Box doesn't seem to come with much of a manual, I flipped around and found you have to set the Audio Out settings in System Prefs, in case anybody had the no audio issue like I just had after hooking it up first time

Mar-25 2011 08:30 pm.
Phil Look
boxee

With our new Boxee Box connected I also apparently lost audio after the first system update.  The boot up jingle sounded and one slection click thereafter, then no sound.  I tried different audio settings (All, Analog, HDMI) before I read Jim Schoen's Feb 27 contribution:  Use the up and down arrow buttons when not in a navigation mode (e.g. in a movie) and the Boxee volume adjustment ribbon appears!  I did feel silly.  Thanks Jim.

Mar-15 2011 09:24 am.
Pete Pedersen
boxee

I have the same issue, no sound. I do hear the sound when I turn boxee on, but no audio from any of the sources

Mar-09 2011 12:10 pm.
Jim Schoen
boxee

if you press the up button while a movie is playing, a volume slider pops up on the top right of the screen.  Keep pressing up and the Boxee volume goes up, press down and it goes down.  I don't know why they have a "hidden" volume control that seperate from the PC volume

Feb-27 2011 05:28 pm.
Maneesh Pangasa
boxee

Just curious what user data folder? I have a 2009 MacBook Pro with audio issues in Boxee -- either get no audio for some videos or cracking/popping sounds -- Boxee startup sound works and sound works outside Boxee.

Jan-07 2011 09:18 pm.
Jing Xu
boxee

Same problem. When I start up boxee, I hear sound. But when I play any video, no sound.

Dec-23 2010 02:06 pm.
Rodrigo Zannin
boxee

Same problem here. MKV files with no sound.

I tried deleting the userdata folder but it didn't work.

The audio on youtube featured videos on home screen are working.

I'm using Mac OSX 10.6.5 + Boxee 0.9.23.15885

Dec-19 2010 09:52 am.
Amir Hasidim
boxee

Same problem here. When I turn Boxee on I get a small speaker icon on the main screen - nothing happens when I click on it and it disappears when I enter the 'Movies' 'TV Series' etc.

It's like the volume is set to almost 'Mute"

I deleted the 'Userdata' folder but it didn't help

Dec-08 2010 03:18 pm.
Scott Beard
boxee

Finally got it working by deleting the userdata folder

Dec-04 2010 08:46 am.