Knowledge Base/Boxee Applications (APPS)/Boxee Apps

The VUDU App

help desk
posted this on Feb-13 02:44 pm

Your High Definition On-Demand Movie Service!

• The Most HD Movies (We Counted)
  • Eye-Popping 1080p HD Quality (HDX)
  • Movies Available On-Demand the Same Day as the DVD
  • Instant Streaming Directly to Your HDTV
  • Movie rentals starting at .99 cents
  • Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound

Try VUDU for free!

If you have a Boxee enabled device (i.e. Boxee Box) or a PC/Mac you can start watching VUDU right now.

To use VUDU on your PC/Mac you will need to download and install the FREE Boxee software and then follow the directions here.

Getting Stated with VUDU

To use VUDU on Boxee, you will need to do the following:

A. On your computer:

1. Sign up for VUDU
  2. Activate your device. (except PC Software versions)

B. On your Boxee Box:

1. Logged into Boxee, you'll see your Home Screen
  2. Select APPS from the Home Screen
  3. Select VUDU Movies. (if you have trouble finding it, select Search and enter vudu)
  4. After a few seconds you'll see the VUDU interface appear.

vudu_splashscreen.jpg

7. Select the "free rental" option and enter the email address that you used to sign up for your VUDU account online.

8. You're eligible for a free movie from VUDU just for trying out the service.

vudu_home.jpg

Comments latest first

Scott Bonestell
boxee

Figured out my audio issue with Vudu.  Vudu says their stream carries Dolby Digital Plus for most of their content.  My plasma does not decode this so it does not produce audio or pass it on.  Since my receiver is pre-HDMI I go HDMI from the Boxee Box to my TV and then audio optical out to my receiver. However, this will not work in this one and only case.

Solution: run an optical cable out of the Boxee Box to my receiver.  Just use the Boxee Box remote and drill down to the audio and setting and choose S/PDIF. Then tell the receiver to switch to the optical input.  The Harmony One can handle the receiver command by simply adding a Vudu button on the screen that changes the input for this activity.

Jun-09 2011 07:38 pm.
Scott Bonestell
boxee

No audio at all with Vudu using the Boxee Box.  Audio works fine if I get on PC and go to Vudu.com.  Other apps/etc have audio fine on the Boxee Box.

Jun-08 2011 10:32 am.
Krista Silveria
boxee

Dont have Boxee yet - but on my BR player you have to pay for ALL new TV show content.  When I look at Vudu online - you get FREE ANY episodes that are still online for free... Each network usually keeps most recent 5 episodes for free... Does Boxee get those FREE or do they charge too?

Jun-04 2011 03:22 pm.
Leta Smith-Biana
boxee

i agree. not user friendly as you failed to communicate how to connect vudu account to continue using boxee.

May-31 2011 09:22 am.
Leonardo Perez
boxee

Doesn't work Boxee with my new Mac-Mini and new Boxee installed. Vudu blames your company so whats up?

May-18 2011 01:05 pm.
Bhaskee K

this is test for fun

May-12 2011 04:52 pm.
Larry Barnard
boxee

wow just wow.. worst  loop ever  removing now

Apr-05 2011 10:22 pm.
Matthew Whited
boxee

Your Boxee app doesn't load on windows 7 (reinstalled several times.)  Hopefully your stuff works on the PS3... if not I won't be using your services.

Apr-03 2011 05:10 pm.
Jeff & Sami Musa
boxee

As a follow up to my March 6 '11 post.  Boxee support responded to say Vudu doesn't work on the software Boxee (Intel) MacBook - presumably just on the Boxee Box.  System limitations and requirements are all well and good but then say so up front.  Don't bait and switch with freebies that work and paid rentals that have no sound, even simple stereo.  Carlos (Mar 19) said it true.

Mar-27 2011 04:21 pm.
RAPHAEL VALENTIN
boxee
If u want vudu so bad get a tv, bluray player, roku player, or a playstation 3 that offers vudu. Linux users like myself don't even have the vudu app or Netflix app.
Mar-27 2011 09:25 am.
Joseph Frith
boxee

This is the worst service ever!!!! I am trying to use Vudu. I paid money and now there is no way to run it from Boxee. It just keeps tell ing me to install then when I go to do that for the hundredth time it says I already installed it!!!

This is NOT USER FREINDLY!!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER CARE!!!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Mar-27 2011 01:32 am.
RAPHAEL VALENTIN
boxee
Vudu isn't a boxee thing it's a separate entity all together research ppl as far as the app on boxee idk how it is but on my bluray player I luv it
Mar-21 2011 02:39 am.
Carlos Hernandez

Mierda!

Mar-19 2011 02:53 pm.
Wendy Guthrie
boxee

WORST CRAP EVER!!! THIS COMPLETELY BLOWS!!! I HATE THIS!! SKIP THE DRAWING BOARD STRAIGHT TO THE TRASH CAN!

Mar-16 2011 12:28 am.
Reed Hofer
boxee

you guys are lame ! boxee i wanna box your head !

Mar-15 2011 01:19 am.
max terrell
boxee

this sucks, u guys need to try this again, just wanted to get my digital copy, not worth it

Mar-14 2011 07:18 pm.
max terrell

Mar-14 2011 07:18 pm.
Jason McMonigal

Wish I had read everybodys comments before I attemted to do this loop around BS

Mar-11 2011 07:13 pm.
Krista Kauffmann
boxee

this is beyond stupid.  I'll never try using Vudu again - wasted enough time in this stupid do-loop

Mar-11 2011 11:16 am.
Doug Garrison
boxee

This does suck.  I keep getting directed to the same two pages over and over.  Stupid.

Mar-09 2011 04:22 pm.
tim cressey
boxee

not user friendly.   cant set up a new acct.   no where to do this!!!   you guys need to go back to the drawing board on this program.

Mar-08 2011 12:30 am.
Jeff & Sami Musa
boxee

careful w/this I could watch my free intro movie (we picked Red) and trailers but zero sound with our first SD rental Iron Man 2

Mar-06 2011 01:34 am.
Sara Lyter
boxee

wow, I could have written that comment above.  Where is the vudu app? How do you download it? How do you activate it? I'm stuck in a never ending loop of windows with useless marketing info.

Feb-27 2011 05:00 pm.
Remy Frank
boxee

So far, this sucks. Not intuitive or user-friendly at all.

Feb-27 2011 12:58 am.